R600 Game pictured:R600 renders a stone

rockmsn

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2007
We managed to get a screenshot from a previously non showed R600 demo. Punters who are invited at R600 launch event in Tunisia in two weeks will see this first hand.

20070409_215832_r600_render.jpg

More:
http://zone.hardspell.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=33

harmattan

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2006
Ah yes, the card we were supposed to have 5 months ago... renders a rock :roll:

So glad I didn't wait to buy in December (though I really wanted to stick with ATI). Even if it's 15-20% faster than 8800 gtx, I still will have enjoyed 6 months of unmitegated awesomeness.

lordaardvark2

Distinguished
Nov 15, 2005
hahaha true dat. i do hope that it is powerful, though; not to prove you wrong or make you regret your purchase or anything, but simply because i need a nice new gpu :p

LAN_deRf_HA

Distinguished
Nov 24, 2006
Aren't you still using the k6 though? Or did you finally upgrade your cpu, I think you could use a new cpu before an r600, but what do I kow, all I do is eat tacos :tongue:

Dude, switch to fajitas... better for your teeth. And that rock looks like something out of an oblivion graphics mod.

sailer

Splendid
Ah yes, the card we were supposed to have 5 months ago... renders a rock :roll:

Its really not just the rock. Its the way the shadows and fill make it seem like it really is a picture that someone took with a camera, instead of a rendered object from a computer lab. Biggest problem with the picture that I see is the overwhelming amoumt of gray, like even the cabin is gray.

Still, if this is an example of how good the R600 is, then I can't wait to get one into my computer.

lordaardvark2

Distinguished
Nov 15, 2005
Aren't you still using the k6 though? Or did you finally upgrade your cpu, I think you could use a new cpu before an r600, but what do I kow, all I do is eat tacos :tongue:

nah man i'm going to get the r600 and cram it into my agp slot, it'll work perfectly with my 1.9 ghz sempron :lol:

anticupidon

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2007
dunno about the image if it is real or not but after a google search i found the same imagine in debate in all hardwareforums that i visit
and i think i'm stoned...after all this time R600 renders a rock...c'mon i think we deserve much more :evil: ...maybe i ask too much but i want to see some real benchmarks..until then i will keep an eye on the news

lordaardvark2

Distinguished
Nov 15, 2005
nah i know whats going on, i witnessed both of those, actually, and they were damn funny. i know enough about electronics to NOT cut stuff off and such, and especially if i were to spend any sizeable amount of money on something, i would NEVER force it/cut it/whatever.

anyway i was just making the point that my k6 processor is the least of my worries, i've gotta do a full system overhaul if i even want to have the pcie slot to put a r600 in :lol: