Computer newbie need help with Windows 7

SkipperJim

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2011
How to transfer documents (Word or e-mail) into folders. Inplain English please; I don't have a big computer voabulary yet.

When you are in your email program viewing the message, click on file/save and it should prompt you as to which folder to save it in.

SkipperJim

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2011
I am buying some "how-to" books for Windows 7, but am strongly considering dumping Windows 7 and going back to Windows XP which to me was much more user-friendly and simple.

When I transitioned from windows 98SE to XP, I don't remember XP being user friendly or simple. There's always a learning curve, some easier than others.

SkipperJim

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2011
I appreciate the encouragement, I really do. But...all I want to do is send & receive e-mails; search the Internet; and write, edit, and print documents (mainly manuscripts). I could do all of these well with Windows XP. I appreciate a learning curve, but I knew what I wanted to do in XP, and could do it. I have bought and read "Windows 7 QuickSteps" and Windows 7 Simplified". I find them not Quick and definitely not Simple. Following their intructions doesn't work. Much content is devoted to things I just don't need or want to do. I know it runs contrary to current cyber-thought, but in the absence of any acceptable reason to keep struggling with 7, I will keep entertaining the thought of what may seem to most, going "backwards". Thanks everyone, but not all of us are computer wizards, nor destined to become them.

SkipperJim

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2011
When I am in e-mail (Outlook Express), I cannot locate "file/save". Sorry, but that's the best I can do as of this time. Now I have another problem. I can print e-maills and Internet items, but when I try to print a Word document, I'm notified I don't have a Printer installed. When I go to Printers and Devices I see that my H-P Printer is, in fact, installed, compatible with my H-P Computer, and ok with other than Word documents. I am trying but getting nowhere except frustrated with W-7.