Sign in with
Your question

Computer newbie need help with Windows 7

Last response: in Windows 7
July 26, 2011 3:28:06 AM

How to transfer documents (Word or e-mail) into folders. Inplain English please; I don't have a big computer voabulary yet.
July 26, 2011 3:42:14 AM

Just click and drag the files onto the folders. You can make a new folder by right-clicking > New > Folder
m
l
August 2, 2011 2:28:23 AM

Click and drag didn't work when trying to save an a-mail by transferring it into a folder. Thanks for replying.
m
l
Related resources
a c 233 $ Windows 7
a b 1 Email
August 2, 2011 12:19:12 PM

SkipperJim said:
Click and drag didn't work when trying to save an a-mail by transferring it into a folder. Thanks for replying.

When you are in your email program viewing the message, click on file/save and it should prompt you as to which folder to save it in.
m
l
August 12, 2011 7:56:16 PM

I am buying some "how-to" books for Windows 7, but am strongly considering dumping Windows 7 and going back to Windows XP which to me was much more user-friendly and simple.
m
l
a c 233 $ Windows 7
a b 1 Email
August 16, 2011 4:09:48 AM

SkipperJim said:
I am buying some "how-to" books for Windows 7, but am strongly considering dumping Windows 7 and going back to Windows XP which to me was much more user-friendly and simple.

When I transitioned from windows 98SE to XP, I don't remember XP being user friendly or simple. There's always a learning curve, some easier than others.
m
l
August 23, 2011 12:09:36 AM

I appreciate the encouragement, I really do. But...all I want to do is send & receive e-mails; search the Internet; and write, edit, and print documents (mainly manuscripts). I could do all of these well with Windows XP. I appreciate a learning curve, but I knew what I wanted to do in XP, and could do it. I have bought and read "Windows 7 QuickSteps" and Windows 7 Simplified". I find them not Quick and definitely not Simple. Following their intructions doesn't work. Much content is devoted to things I just don't need or want to do. I know it runs contrary to current cyber-thought, but in the absence of any acceptable reason to keep struggling with 7, I will keep entertaining the thought of what may seem to most, going "backwards". Thanks everyone, but not all of us are computer wizards, nor destined to become them.
m
l
September 2, 2011 2:54:01 AM

When I am in e-mail (Outlook Express), I cannot locate "file/save". Sorry, but that's the best I can do as of this time. Now I have another problem. I can print e-maills and Internet items, but when I try to print a Word document, I'm notified I don't have a Printer installed. When I go to Printers and Devices I see that my H-P Printer is, in fact, installed, compatible with my H-P Computer, and ok with other than Word documents. I am trying but getting nowhere except frustrated with W-7.
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
September 2, 2011 12:53:29 PM

on top tool bar go file>save as

Does the printer say offline or ready?
m
l
September 9, 2011 12:59:24 AM

The printer says, "ready" That's what is so frustrating.
m
l
!