Pre-emptive Strike - Codemasters E3 2004

TJ

Well here goes, my guesstimate of the announcement Codemasters will make at
E3 in a couple of days time....

Codemasters are pleased to release Operation Flashpoint for the XBOX, which
has massive graphical improvement over the original PC version, along with
full Join in Progress Multiplayer gaming options via XBOX Live! Four new
Large (Nogova Sized) Islands will be used as the basis for a 40 mission
campaign following the general lines of the original 1985 campaign and the
Resistance campaign.

Codemasters are also delighted to announce the release of a new standalone
(or possibly expansion) game, called Flashpoint 2004!
Improvements in the game engine and enhancements taken from the XBOX
conversion have made possible a much improved graphics engine, which makes
the most of up to date hardware. Pixel shading, dynamic lighting and higher
poly models all add to the atmosphere.

As for the gameplay, you take the part of Special Forces (Delta?) deployed
worldwide to counter specific threats. You may find yourself fighting in
tropical jungles and snowy mountain sides, with a wealth of modern equipment
at your disposal. ( Expect MH47E, Littlebirds, MH60's etc etc)

Codemasters are also delighted to annouce that this expansion to the
original game will have full Join In Progress ability where the mission
maker allows for that, as well as full backwards compatibility with the
existing addon base. Tweaked MP coding will allow for VOIP in game, and is
enhanced for 56K users.

The expected release date of Flashpoint 2004 is Summer 2004.

NOTE: All the above is pure conjecture on my part, and may be totally
unjustified. It is based upon personal observations only, and I have no ties
or interests to either BIS or codemasters. I also have a rather large hat
marinading in garlic, just in case I have to eat it.

We'll soon see!

TJ

I hope they've improved the "grass", first.

Looked kinda hokey in one of those screens.

Personally, I'd like to see a sequel that involves Guba or some of his
proteges.

An invasion of America would be cool.

-=-Uzi

"TJ" <who@where.com> wrote in message
> Well here goes, my guesstimate of the announcement Codemasters will make
at
> E3 in a couple of days time....
>

> Codemasters are pleased to release Operation Flashpoint for the XBOX,
which
> has massive graphical improvement over the original PC version, along with
> full Join in Progress Multiplayer gaming options via XBOX Live! Four new
> Large (Nogova Sized) Islands will be used as the basis for a 40 mission
> campaign following the general lines of the original 1985 campaign and the
> Resistance campaign.
>
> Codemasters are also delighted to announce the release of a new standalone
> (or possibly expansion) game, called Flashpoint 2004!
> Improvements in the game engine and enhancements taken from the XBOX
> conversion have made possible a much improved graphics engine, which makes
> the most of up to date hardware. Pixel shading, dynamic lighting and
higher
> poly models all add to the atmosphere.
>
> As for the gameplay, you take the part of Special Forces (Delta?) deployed
> worldwide to counter specific threats. You may find yourself fighting in
> tropical jungles and snowy mountain sides, with a wealth of modern
equipment
> at your disposal. ( Expect MH47E, Littlebirds, MH60's etc etc)
>
> Codemasters are also delighted to annouce that this expansion to the
> original game will have full Join In Progress ability where the mission
> maker allows for that, as well as full backwards compatibility with the
> existing addon base. Tweaked MP coding will allow for VOIP in game, and is
> enhanced for 56K users.
>
> The expected release date of Flashpoint 2004 is Summer 2004.
>

> NOTE: All the above is pure conjecture on my part, and may be totally
> unjustified. It is based upon personal observations only, and I have no
ties
> or interests to either BIS or codemasters. I also have a rather large hat
> marinading in garlic, just in case I have to eat it.
>
> We'll soon see!
>
> TJ

We live in hope TJ, we live in hope.

On Wed, 12 May 2004, TJ wrote:

> Well here goes, my guesstimate of the announcement Codemasters will make at
> E3 in a couple of days time....
>

> Codemasters are pleased to release Operation Flashpoint for the XBOX, which
> has massive graphical improvement over the original PC version, along with
> full Join in Progress Multiplayer gaming options via XBOX Live! Four new
> Large (Nogova Sized) Islands will be used as the basis for a 40 mission
> campaign following the general lines of the original 1985 campaign and the
> Resistance campaign.
>
> Codemasters are also delighted to announce the release of a new standalone
> (or possibly expansion) game, called Flashpoint 2004!
> Improvements in the game engine and enhancements taken from the XBOX
> conversion have made possible a much improved graphics engine, which makes
> the most of up to date hardware. Pixel shading, dynamic lighting and higher
> poly models all add to the atmosphere.
>
> As for the gameplay, you take the part of Special Forces (Delta?) deployed
> worldwide to counter specific threats. You may find yourself fighting in
> tropical jungles and snowy mountain sides, with a wealth of modern equipment
> at your disposal. ( Expect MH47E, Littlebirds, MH60's etc etc)
>
> Codemasters are also delighted to annouce that this expansion to the
> original game will have full Join In Progress ability where the mission
> maker allows for that, as well as full backwards compatibility with the
> existing addon base. Tweaked MP coding will allow for VOIP in game, and is
> enhanced for 56K users.
>
> The expected release date of Flashpoint 2004 is Summer 2004.
>

> NOTE: All the above is pure conjecture on my part, and may be totally
> unjustified. It is based upon personal observations only, and I have no ties
> or interests to either BIS or codemasters. I also have a rather large hat
> marinading in garlic, just in case I have to eat it.
>
> We'll soon see!
>
> TJ

> An invasion of America would be cool.
>
> -=-Uzi

As would worlds involving lots of civillians (as in 'properly modelled urban areas'). Be a bit of a
change back to a more current version of reality when compared to the gung-ho WW2 'shoot anything
that moves' deals.

"TJ" <who@where.com> wrote in message

> Codemasters are also delighted to announce the release of a new
standalone
> (or possibly expansion) game, called Flashpoint 2004!
> Improvements in the game engine and enhancements taken from the XBOX
> conversion have made possible a much improved graphics engine, which
makes
> the most of up to date hardware. Pixel shading, dynamic lighting and
higher
> poly models all add to the atmosphere.

For xbox read 'PC in small box', so it's entirley possible that an
improved xbox version could be running on PC very quickly.
I'm still not buying an xbox though......

CJ

Distinguished
May 4, 2004

"TJ" <who@where.com> wrote:

<snip...>

>I also have a rather large hat marinading in garlic, just in case I have to eat it.

ROFL - Yes, time will tell if your crystal ball is aligned with BIS/CM
;-)

/Christer (a.k.a KeyCat)

Sounds very plausable, apart from the 56K thing. Xbox is BB only, so I
doubt they will make any improvements there and anything that's not in
the X-Box probably won't be done as they can put those resources into
OFP2 development.

--
http://www.wireplay.co.uk/
http://www.aligrant.com/

"Never be ashamed of not knowing a
thing, but always be ashamed of not
wanting to know."

"Alastair Grant" <ask@for.it> wrote in message
> Sounds very plausable, apart from the 56K thing. Xbox is BB only, so I
> doubt they will make any improvements there and anything that's not in
> the X-Box probably won't be done as they can put those resources into
> OFP2 development.

I doubt full backwards compatibility with existing addons. If any
compatibility is given, it would almost certainly include the BAS addons I
would imagine...

--

Liddle Feesh
*fap fap fap fap*

Well, too bad for you, because I finally broke down and got one and I simply
LOVE playing any number of the split-screen multiplayer games out for it.

Halo in split-screen coop is sweet.

And you really get used to the controllers after a while.

And it is SOOOOOO nice to be able to simply boot up a game and play without
having to do a whole bunch of other stuff.

I'm looking forward to OFP on the Xbox in multi.

--Uzi

"didgerman" <aw990012@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> "TJ" <who@where.com> wrote in message
>
> > Codemasters are also delighted to announce the release of a new
> standalone
> > (or possibly expansion) game, called Flashpoint 2004!
> > Improvements in the game engine and enhancements taken from the XBOX
> > conversion have made possible a much improved graphics engine, which
> makes
> > the most of up to date hardware. Pixel shading, dynamic lighting and
> higher
> > poly models all add to the atmosphere.
>
> For xbox read 'PC in small box', so it's entirley possible that an
> improved xbox version could be running on PC very quickly.
> I'm still not buying an xbox though......

Fuji

Distinguished
May 13, 2004

Can I add.

my guess

Announcing Flashpoint Vietnam

"Uziyahu" <NNOSPAMMuziyahu@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Well, too bad for you, because I finally broke down and got one and
I simply
> LOVE playing any number of the split-screen multiplayer games out
for it.

> Halo in split-screen coop is sweet.
>
> And you really get used to the controllers after a while.
>
> And it is SOOOOOO nice to be able to simply boot up a game and play
without
> having to do a whole bunch of other stuff.
>
> I'm looking forward to OFP on the Xbox in multi.
>
> --Uzi

Yeah but, you have to give money to the evil bill gates {spit}, which
is something I just can't do....

> > I'm looking forward to OFP on the Xbox in multi.
> >
> > --Uzi
>
> Yeah but, you have to give money to the evil bill gates {spit}, which
> is something I just can't do....

You already did. You're playing OFP on your PC, right? Did you get Windows
for free?

didgerman wrote:

> Yeah but, you have to give money to the evil bill gates {spit}, which
> is something I just can't do....

Yeah but, it's worth it just for Halo.

--
Mutley!! Doooooo Something!!
Fix Outlook Express - http://flash.to/oe-quotefix/

TJ wrote:
> Well here goes, my guesstimate of the announcement Codemasters will
> make at E3 in a couple of days time....

:(

CODEMASTERS E3 LINE UP:

Second Sight (PS2, XBox, GCube)
Club Football 2005 range (PS2, Xbox, PC)
Colin McRae Rally 2005 (PS2, Xbox)
Dragon Empires (PC Online)
IndyCar Series 2005 (PS2, Xbox)
Soldiers: Heroes of World War II (PC)
MTV Music Generator 3 (PS2, Xbox)
Operation Flashpoint (Xbox)
Perimeter (PC)
Wartime Comand (PC)

--

"Littlemoot" <littlemoot@h0tmail.com> wrote in message
> didgerman wrote:
> >
> > Yeah but, you have to give money to the evil bill gates {spit},
which
> > is something I just can't do....
>
> Yeah but, it's worth it just for Halo.

Halo was meant for the PC, I rest my case.....

> > > I'm looking forward to OFP on the Xbox in multi.
> > >
> > > --Uzi
> >
> > Yeah but, you have to give money to the evil bill gates {spit},
which
> > is something I just can't do....
>
> You already did. You're playing OFP on your PC, right? Did you get
Windows
> for free?

Yes: I'm a part time student at a university with a M$ partnership. I
use windoze for games and most menial tasks. When it comes to work,
it's Linux and Java/c++.

TJ

Got my post edited by Suma :)

"TJ" <who@where.com> wrote in message
> Well here goes, my guesstimate of the announcement Codemasters will make
at
> E3 in a couple of days time....
>

> Codemasters are pleased to release Operation Flashpoint for the XBOX,
which
> has massive graphical improvement over the original PC version, along with
> full Join in Progress Multiplayer gaming options via XBOX Live! Four new
> Large (Nogova Sized) Islands will be used as the basis for a 40 mission
> campaign following the general lines of the original 1985 campaign and the
> Resistance campaign.
>
> Codemasters are also delighted to announce the release of a new standalone
> (or possibly expansion) game, called Flashpoint 2004!
> Improvements in the game engine and enhancements taken from the XBOX
> conversion have made possible a much improved graphics engine, which makes
> the most of up to date hardware. Pixel shading, dynamic lighting and
higher
> poly models all add to the atmosphere.
>
> As for the gameplay, you take the part of Special Forces (Delta?) deployed
> worldwide to counter specific threats. You may find yourself fighting in
> tropical jungles and snowy mountain sides, with a wealth of modern
equipment
> at your disposal. ( Expect MH47E, Littlebirds, MH60's etc etc)
>
> Codemasters are also delighted to annouce that this expansion to the
> original game will have full Join In Progress ability where the mission
> maker allows for that, as well as full backwards compatibility with the
> existing addon base. Tweaked MP coding will allow for VOIP in game, and is
> enhanced for 56K users.
>
> The expected release date of Flashpoint 2004 is Summer 2004.
>

> NOTE: All the above is pure conjecture on my part, and may be totally
> unjustified. It is based upon personal observations only, and I have no
ties
> or interests to either BIS or codemasters. I also have a rather large hat
> marinading in garlic, just in case I have to eat it.
>
> We'll soon see!
>
> TJ

TJ

What a tasty hat..................

The only surprise was that XBOX was delayed until autumn, when all promises
were for it to be ready and released for E3.

I *KNOW* there is an 'expansion' similar to what I described in the
works.....

chew chew chew

TJ wrote:

> I *KNOW* there is an 'expansion' similar to what I described in the
> works.....

Do you think they'd sell many if there where? I was under the impression
that all but the most die hard OFP fans had forgotten all about it now.

I'd love this to be true but I'm just thinking it might be a little late
for another expansion pack for OFP and there could only be a stand alone
game if the release of OFP2 was pushed back even further :(

--
Mutley!! Doooooo Something!!
Fix Outlook Express - http://flash.to/oe-quotefix/
as recommended by your friendly neighbourhood MeltDown.

When you have wiped the garlic out of the corners of your mouth, take a brake and join us again on OFP please! :)

>>> TJ<who@where.com> 16-5-04 14:48:28 >>>
> [...]

> > existing addon base. Tweaked MP coding will allow for VOIP in game, and
is
> > enhanced for 56K users.
> >
> > The expected release date of Flashpoint 2004 is Summer 2004.
> >

> > NOTE: All the above is pure conjecture on my part, and may be totally
> > unjustified. It is based upon personal observations only, and I have no
> ties
> > or interests to either BIS or codemasters. I also have a rather large
hat
> > marinading in garlic, just in case I have to eat it.
> >
> > We'll soon see!
> >
> > TJ

> > You already did. You're playing OFP on your PC, right? Did you get
> > Windows for free?
> >

> Yes: I'm a part time student at a university with a M$ partnership. I
> use windoze for games and most menial tasks. When it comes to work,

Who owns the PC you're using to play OFP?

TJ

> When you have wiped the garlic out of the corners of your mouth, take a
brake and join us again on OFP please! :)

I have recently bought meself some kit, namely 2 PCP air rifles (Air Arms
S410 in .177 and Webley Raider in .22), and a spring Webley in .22. Oh, and
a shotgun :)

So I am out early most mornings helping to alleviate the vermin problems
round here, meaning i'm dead on me feet by 21:30.........

Oh and I also just got a new job for 28 hours per week plus im still doing
my own business work for now.....as well as teaching my 3 nippers from 7am
till 11am each day.......

zzzzzzzz

Maybe one night soon......

> > > You already did. You're playing OFP on your PC, right? Did you
get
> > > Windows for free?
> > >

> > Yes: I'm a part time student at a university with a M$
partnership. I
> > use windoze for games and most menial tasks. When it comes to
work,
> > it's Linux and Java/c++.
>
> Who owns the PC you're using to play OFP?

Me.

didgerman wrote:

> "TJ" <who@where.com> wrote in message
>

>>Codemasters are also delighted to announce the release of a new
>
> standalone
>
>>(or possibly expansion) game, called Flashpoint 2004!
>>Improvements in the game engine and enhancements taken from the XBOX
>>conversion have made possible a much improved graphics engine, which
>
> makes
>
>>the most of up to date hardware. Pixel shading, dynamic lighting and
>
> higher
>
>>poly models all add to the atmosphere.
>

> For xbox read 'PC in small box', so it's entirley possible that an
> improved xbox version could be running on PC very quickly.
> I'm still not buying an xbox though......

Unless the bean counter determines that it is too expensive providing
compatability over and above a 'fixed configuration' PC in a small box.
Everyone's PC is so different that developing for it is relatively
expensive compared to XBox (or any other console for that matter).

If you think XBox PC compatability translates into an assured PC version
of the game, you've got a short memory. Look how long it took to bring
Halo out on PC. It's so late, they needn't have bothered because better
games like FarCry and Painkiller (based on the HL2 engine) are already out.

I don't imagine OFP would be quite so successful had it's release been
restricted to console. I don't fancy the prospect of building a map or
any other vehicles, weapons, addons using a game-pad controller. (BTW.
Does halo if have mods? If so, how many? How extensive are they?)

IMHO, the console should be the after-thought, not the PC. Comparing a
PC to a console is like compareing a garden to a pot plant. Games grow
much better in the garden.