Help I uninstalled a program - no cd

My boss brought in his laptop (toshiba satellite 18xx) running XP home.
He has a load of garbage on it and also he said several programs that
he doesnt use. I asked him is he def. didnt need any of the 3 programs
he wanted uninstalling and he "no - dont need them - don't use them" so
i uninstalled them BUT of course one of the programs was one he needed
'duh'

He says he cant find the cd

Can i use system restore to 'recover' the uninstalled programs ?

PS Hope I am in the right location for this

--
Tuz8875

You'll need to find the original program installation CDs.
System Restore does not restore uninstalled programs.

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

"Tuz8875" wrote:

| My boss brought in his laptop (toshiba satellite 18xx) running XP home.
| He has a load of garbage on it and also he said several programs that
| he doesnt use. I asked him is he def. didnt need any of the 3 programs
| he wanted uninstalling and he "no - dont need them - don't use them" so
| i uninstalled them BUT of course one of the programs was one he needed
| 'duh'
|
| He says he cant find the cd
|
| Can i use system restore to 'recover' the uninstalled programs ?
|
| PS Hope I am in the right location for this
|

| --
| Tuz8875

Carey System Restore will work sometimes for doing this.

--

Harry Ohrn MS-MVP [Shell/User]
www.webtree.ca/windowsxp