Im interested in buying the E6600 and need tips

sprunknwn

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2007
need tips on which memory/mobo/cooling system to get in order to get the best overclock at a reasonable price...any help would be appriciated. :D

zenmaster

Splendid
Feb 21, 2006
Also, Why the E6600?

Depending on Budget, Chips such as the E6320 or E6420 which will be released around April 22nd may be a much bigger bargain.

When designing a system, step one is to decide on a budget that you want to work in and then to build around that. For most systems, the GPU is more important than the CPU so we need to make sure to not constrain your system by over spending for the CPU.

Also, the E6600 will drop significantly in price shortly.

ninjahedge

Distinguished
Aug 3, 2006
I would wait until the new chiplines get released or shortly thereafter. The E6600 should drop with new hardware available.

As for what to use on it now? I am using stock cooling and am able to get 2.7G out of it. I started getting weird artefacts in Dark Messiah and CoH after playing a bit at 2.9, but all other apps were stable and the temp was managable too.

I would say stock fan is fine so long as you have a good paste and a good case. (No need to Celery it).

sprunknwn

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2007
ok, first of all i want to thank you guys for taking the time and answering my post, now about the budget - i didnt state a budget since i live in israel and everything is around 50$ more expensive here due to high taxes, and the reason i decided for the e6600 is cause every review i read about it and its overclocking abilities has been nothing but exstatic about this proc.

now im interested in overclocking it and im looking for the best memory/mobo/cooling system to go with it, i think im set on the Noctua NH-U12F cooling system but for the other components im not too sure.
So if you have any more recommendations and if you could state why you would go with your chosen setup, i would appriciate it
thanks in advance
:D

sprunknwn

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2007
from what i've been reading - intel should be dropping prices of these procs on the 22nd of this month(E6600 drops to 224$ if im not mistaken)
so i'm gonna wait for that price drop , but i want to be prepared cause i'll be ordering the new pc as soon as the price drops.