Asus M2n32 sli deluxe versus Asus M2n32 sli Vista?

Sinntasy

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2007
Are their any big differences between these 2 boards? Is the vista version just to be able to run the vista operating system better or is there other updates with this version? Which is better?

I am going to build a gaming rig, and am not currently planning on overclocking (I know nothing about this). I will be using the Windows XP professional w/updates for awhile and later, after all the bugs/driver issues etc are cleared up with Windows Vista (might be some time, 6months-1 year) then later updating to Vista. I will be using the amd athlon x 2 6000+ (yay for the price drop!). pc6400 memory, geforce 8800gts 640mb (later will run these cards in sli).

I had been planning on getting the Asus m2n32 sli deluxe motherboard, then they came out with this new Vista version of the board. Any thoughts concerning these 2 boards to which is better? Any advice welcomed, which, between the 2, would you choose? Thanks! :)

P00peyes

Distinguished
Apr 11, 2007
I'm just a newbie but I've never heard of the vista version.

I have the Asus M2N32 SLI-Deluxe and am not planning on getting Vista for some time also. So, I'm not much help in this department.

As for the GFX card(s) though, I'm told that the 320mb version of the GTS has pretty much the same performance as the 640mb version (without the memory buffer level of course).

Wouldn't you rather consider getting the GTX instead?

P.S. This should be an awesome machine. In my opinion, your in the right ball park!

Sinntasy

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2007
yay finally a response! ty, as for the geforce gtx I would LOVE to have that instead BUT no matter how hard I shake my piggy bank, it will not cooperate with the $$$$ *pouts*. So I am going for the gts, esp cuz even with the gts I am forced to wait until I can get enough $$$ together for it :cry: Ty for your advice, this motherboard thing is driving me nuts, and have yet to run into a decent review concerning these 2 boards.

sailer

Splendid
To the best of my knowledge, the difference in the board is partly in the BIOS and partly that one isn't gaurenteed to run Vista while the other is. If you are planning to use Vista in the future, than I would buy the board that is labeled as a Vista board.

P00peyes

Distinguished
Apr 11, 2007
Didn't find one on the Vista version but here's the deluxe version

http://www.pcstats.com/articleview.cfm?articleID=1974

As for the deluxe version not being able to run vista (or not guaranteed) I highly doubt that.

Look at the price difference between the boards. If the Vista version is substantially more expensive, I'd say forget it and get the deluxe version. I can't see there being too much of a difference between them though.

Like Sailer said, maybe a difference in the Bios?

sailer

Splendid
I agree that it may well be possible to run Vista on a non-Vista certified board. I have a A8N32 SLI-Deluxe which isn't certified for Vista, yet many people run Vista with it. The difference, which probably is only determined by the guarentee and the price, is that if you get a non-Vista certified board and it doesn't run Vista, you have no recourse, such as an RMA.

The smart thing to do might be to check out users of the M2N32 SLI-Deluxe baord and see if anybody is running Vista on it, and what troubles, if any, that they had. If other people have used it with Vista successfully, then buy it with confidence.

daniel2br

Distinguished
Apr 15, 2007
I too am going to buy a M2N32-SLI Deluxe/Wireless edition. It is featured in the ASUS vista ready motherboards list and I cant even find the vista premium version in any stores...
BTW according to the ASUS site the only differences appear to be the AI remote, the screen duo(to acess songs and downloads while the pc is off) and most curious a small integrated board called ASAP that should make your pc more efficient with Vista :?