How to disable the "System Shutdown" dialog box?

I'm using XP Home. I would like to copy some files to a specific
directory just before terminating the session. XP Professional has all
sorts of ways to do it, but they are not available in XP Home. I am
thinking of using "Shutdown.exe" to handle it. The program works very
nicely except as a part of the shutdown sequence it displays a "System
Shutdown" box that counts down for thirty seconds before acrtually shutting
down. Does anyone know how to disable the box. It does not have a way of
manually exiting it, or of speeding up the countdown.
1 answer Last reply
More about disable system shutdown dialog

    Don,

    use shutdown.exe -t XX where xx are the number of seconds to wait.

    open the command window and type shutdown /? for more options on the
    shutdown.

    RT
    "Don J" <dej4400@comcast.net> wrote in message
    > I'm using XP Home. I would like to copy some files to a specific
    > directory just before terminating the session. XP Professional has all
    > sorts of ways to do it, but they are not available in XP Home. I am
    > thinking of using "Shutdown.exe" to handle it. The program works very
    > nicely except as a part of the shutdown sequence it displays a "System
    > Shutdown" box that counts down for thirty seconds before acrtually
    > shutting
    > down. Does anyone know how to disable the box. It does not have a way of
    > manually exiting it, or of speeding up the countdown.

Shutdown Windows XP