How to disable the "System Shutdown" dialog box?

April 14, 2005 1:27:39 AM

I'm using XP Home. I would like to copy some files to a specific
directory just before terminating the session. XP Professional has all
sorts of ways to do it, but they are not available in XP Home. I am
thinking of using "Shutdown.exe" to handle it. The program works very
nicely except as a part of the shutdown sequence it displays a "System
Shutdown" box that counts down for thirty seconds before acrtually shutting
down. Does anyone know how to disable the box. It does not have a way of
manually exiting it, or of speeding up the countdown.
Anonymous
April 14, 2005 2:35:12 PM

Don,

use shutdown.exe -t XX where xx are the number of seconds to wait.

open the command window and type shutdown /? for more options on the
shutdown.

RT

!