speedyg

Distinguished
Aug 9, 2006
Hi,

I'd like to know wether there are any good alternatives for backing up an entire partition. I've used Norton Ghost 7.0 (dos) version, but now that have new system, I'm using RAID-0 and my drives are SATA-II. Obviously it don't do the job anymore. I did manage to do a backup some how but when I wanted to do a recovery everything went terribly wrong.

I then bought Norton Ghost 9.0, which to my taste is too simple. I haven't figured out a way to make a bootable dvd that runs backup I've created scripted. Instead I have but the Ghost 9.0, wait for ages and do recovery manually.

I remember PowerQuest having a similar backup software, but correct me if I'm wrong symantec bought the company?

So what i'm looking for is some backup software that has more than a backup and recovery button.

Thanks in advance!

speedyg

Distinguished
Aug 9, 2006
Thanks, I think I'll try to see if can get it from our local web-store. Still open to other softwares suggestions that anybody has some experience on.

ttlc

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2006
Hi, i have the same question too, which software does work with sata drive (mine are not raid) & how to set it up. have you try drive image 7 yet? Can u give me some suggestions?

thanks..