jixz

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2006
Recently I purchased a Danger Den 8800 GTX water block from pcpowerzone.com and they just called saying there has been a back order on it and advised that i change my order to a Koolance 8800 GTX Block. I asked to give me a day to research on it, so i come to you. Pro's, Con's, Storys, Temps, Reviews, and advice are all very much appreciated.

( They estimated a two week delay untill they could ship out the Danger Den Block )

ouch1

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2006
I would recommend canceling your order and just going straight to the source.

http://www.dangerden.com/store/product.php?productid=257&cat=48&page=1

You can get it for a $2 less (its still less). And if you live in a state that has sales tax you wont have to pay it. Since Dd is in Oregon and there is no sales tax there.

If that does not work out for you,; you can get a EK block from Petra's tach shop for $109.
http://www.petrastechshop.com/ekgtxfucowaf.html

The are supposed to be pretty good too.

-ouch1

jixz

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2006
im not sure about the second block, but the DD website is also out of stock so...

Thanks! but keep the help comeing!

ouch1

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2006
Well from what I have heard the EK block and the DD block are on par with each other. And both support SLI. So why not give it a try. Or wait to see who else pipes up. Oh and I did a search on google and found other sites that have DD 8800GTX blocks for sale. Give it a shot you may find a better price.

-ouch1

ouch1

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2006
I have never been a fan of Koolance so I will refrain from commenting except for the fact that they use small tubing compared to stuff from Dd and swiftech.

-ouch1

ouch1

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2006
Ok I looked up the koolance one and man is it heavy. By itself it weighs 2 pounds! I know that the Dd and EK ones will not be light but man that thing is a beast. As for Koolance products I have never used one and have only seems them in sotre or on other peoples systems. Some people like them but I am not a big fan of smaller diameter tubing. But the nice thing about the Kollance block is that it looks to be made quite well and is 21k gold plated (lol thats where the extra weight comes in). And the plating will help with heat transfer (somewhat). I searched and was not able to find any reviews on it though. So we will jsut have to see what other people post.

-ouch1

jixz

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2006
im not sure why... im feeling ballsy and i think ill take the risk of it..

but im pretty sure i can get 1/2 inch fittings for it .. ~_~ who knows

jixz

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2006
ya.. thats what im hopeing.. i mean theres no reviews for or against it.. so i guess ill be one of the first