Map editing problem....

Last response: in Video Games
May 18, 2004 6:47:10 PM

Quick question...

This is probaly real simple but I cannot figure it out...

I have a squad being led by the AI which the player is a member of. They get
into a UH60 fine, and fly to thier desitnation, land and get out. I am
trying to get them into a 5T-Truck after they get out of the helicopter.

The problem exists here, I have put a 'Get In' waypoint over the truck which
is an empty truck but the squad still gets back into the UH60 !!!

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks
Domestos

More about : map editing problem

Anonymous
May 18, 2004 8:46:29 PM

did u give the right waypoints to the right vehicles? also did u
sychronise the trucks "load" way point with the units "get in"
waypoint?
Anonymous
May 18, 2004 8:49:08 PM

wait the trucks empty? have a look on ofpec.com. if u just put a "get
in" waypoint then the unit will just look around for the best thing to
"get in" to and i guess the best option to them is the helicopter.
units wont get into an empty vehicle unless there is something in the
activiation field i think.
May 19, 2004 6:32:02 AM

> wait the trucks empty?

Yer, I need the squad to get in an empty truck

> if u just put a "get in" waypoint then the unit will just look around for
the best thing to
> "get in" to and i guess the best option to them is the helicopter.

Thats not good :(

> units wont get into an empty vehicle unless there is something in the
activiation field i think.

What should I put in the activation field?

Thanks
Andrew Makinson
Anonymous
May 19, 2004 6:35:48 AM

I dont mind if the truck is driven by another person, however that causes
more problems becasue the players group is not leading the trucks group :( (

What I need to do is...

1) Players group gets in empty helicopter and flies to destination,

2) At destination, players group gets put of helicopter and gets into truck

3) Once in truck players group drives to next desitination...

If you can tell me a way to sort this out, that would be great.

Thanks
Domestos
Anonymous
May 19, 2004 6:35:49 AM

if the truck has a driver then u can give it waypoints to pick up the
troops and send them wherever u want. put a "load" waypoint near the
units "get in" waypoint and sychronize them. then just put in "move"
waypoints to where u want the truck to go. when u want the troops to
get out just do a "get out" waypoint for the squad and sychronize it
with a "transport unload" waypoint for the truck. im not sure what the
"unload" waypoint is for as i have tried it and the troops dont seem
to disembark. hope this helps
Anonymous
May 19, 2004 11:11:01 PM

"[RM]Wolfy" <thenomeaningnofx@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> if the truck has a driver then u can give it waypoints to pick up the
> troops and send them wherever u want. put a "load" waypoint near the
> units "get in" waypoint and sychronize them. then just put in "move"
> waypoints to where u want the truck to go. when u want the troops to
> get out just do a "get out" waypoint for the squad and sychronize it
> with a "transport unload" waypoint for the truck. im not sure what the
> "unload" waypoint is for as i have tried it and the troops dont seem
> to disembark. hope this helps

Thanx, i'll give it a try and see what happens !!!

Domestos
Anonymous
May 20, 2004 6:10:32 AM

> Thanx, i'll give it a try and see what happens !!!
>
> Domestos

Works great, now all i need is to get the AI at a playable level :) )

Thanks again [RM]Wolfy

Domestos
Anonymous
May 20, 2004 9:49:35 AM

no worries. im pretty new at map editing myself. its always good to
have some1 help when u need it.
!