Map editing problem....

Quick question...

This is probaly real simple but I cannot figure it out...

I have a squad being led by the AI which the player is a member of. They get
into a UH60 fine, and fly to thier desitnation, land and get out. I am
trying to get them into a 5T-Truck after they get out of the helicopter.

The problem exists here, I have put a 'Get In' waypoint over the truck which
is an empty truck but the squad still gets back into the UH60 !!!

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks
Domestos
8 answers Last reply
More about editing problem
  1. Archived from groups: alt.games.operation-flashpoint (More info?)

    did u give the right waypoints to the right vehicles? also did u
    sychronise the trucks "load" way point with the units "get in"
    waypoint?
  2. Archived from groups: alt.games.operation-flashpoint (More info?)

    wait the trucks empty? have a look on ofpec.com. if u just put a "get
    in" waypoint then the unit will just look around for the best thing to
    "get in" to and i guess the best option to them is the helicopter.
    units wont get into an empty vehicle unless there is something in the
    activiation field i think.
  3. Archived from groups: alt.games.operation-flashpoint (More info?)

    > wait the trucks empty?

    Yer, I need the squad to get in an empty truck

    > if u just put a "get in" waypoint then the unit will just look around for
    the best thing to
    > "get in" to and i guess the best option to them is the helicopter.

    Thats not good :(

    > units wont get into an empty vehicle unless there is something in the
    activiation field i think.

    What should I put in the activation field?

    Thanks
    Andrew Makinson
  4. Archived from groups: alt.games.operation-flashpoint (More info?)

    I dont mind if the truck is driven by another person, however that causes
    more problems becasue the players group is not leading the trucks group :((

    What I need to do is...

    1) Players group gets in empty helicopter and flies to destination,

    2) At destination, players group gets put of helicopter and gets into truck

    3) Once in truck players group drives to next desitination...

    If you can tell me a way to sort this out, that would be great.

    Thanks
    Domestos
  5. Archived from groups: alt.games.operation-flashpoint (More info?)

    if the truck has a driver then u can give it waypoints to pick up the
    troops and send them wherever u want. put a "load" waypoint near the
    units "get in" waypoint and sychronize them. then just put in "move"
    waypoints to where u want the truck to go. when u want the troops to
    get out just do a "get out" waypoint for the squad and sychronize it
    with a "transport unload" waypoint for the truck. im not sure what the
    "unload" waypoint is for as i have tried it and the troops dont seem
    to disembark. hope this helps
  6. Archived from groups: alt.games.operation-flashpoint (More info?)

    "[RM]Wolfy" <thenomeaningnofx@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > if the truck has a driver then u can give it waypoints to pick up the
    > troops and send them wherever u want. put a "load" waypoint near the
    > units "get in" waypoint and sychronize them. then just put in "move"
    > waypoints to where u want the truck to go. when u want the troops to
    > get out just do a "get out" waypoint for the squad and sychronize it
    > with a "transport unload" waypoint for the truck. im not sure what the
    > "unload" waypoint is for as i have tried it and the troops dont seem
    > to disembark. hope this helps

    Thanx, i'll give it a try and see what happens !!!

    Domestos
  7. Archived from groups: alt.games.operation-flashpoint (More info?)

    > Thanx, i'll give it a try and see what happens !!!
    >
    > Domestos

    Works great, now all i need is to get the AI at a playable level :))

    Thanks again [RM]Wolfy

    Domestos
  8. Archived from groups: alt.games.operation-flashpoint (More info?)

    no worries. im pretty new at map editing myself. its always good to
    have some1 help when u need it.

Games LED Monitor Video Games