When there is a clash in task reminders, who take preceden..

July 5, 2005 11:01:17 PM

If I have set a remind on a task. The reminder sounded on my PC and on
my PPC. I take difference actions (eg, dismiss the one on the PC and
set the one on the PPC to snooze 30min). Which take overrides ? I
notice there is no synchonisation conflict for such situations.

Thanks.
Anonymous
July 6, 2005 2:57:44 AM

I don't believe the action taken on each device syncs, therefore you don't
get a conflict and neither takes precedent, they are independent actions.
You could snooze the PPC 30 min and the PC 1 hour and that's what they each
would do. If you change some of the basic parameters such as start date, due
date, etc, that of course will sync.

That is an irritant to a lot of folks as the calendar is the same. You can
be there with a PPC connected to a PC and get an alarm and dismiss it, only
to get the same alarm seconds later on the other device. The fact you
dismissed it on one, just doesn't sync.

--
Sven
MVP - Mobile Devices