Windows Update problem - MS .NET Framework1.0 SP3 English ..

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

I have Windows XP Pro SP2 installed and with all the online updates.
Update and install "MS .NET Framework 1.0 SP3 English Version" failed
and got a window with heading "SL56.tmp - Commmon Language Runtime
Debugging Service" saying "Apllication has generated an exception that
could be handled. Proceess id=0xca4(3236), Thread id=0xca8(3240)".

The installation was terminated when i clicked "OK".

Another "SL56.tmp - No debugger found" window popped up saying
"Registered JIT debugger is not availabe. Anattemp to launcha JIT
debugger with the following command resultedin an error code of 0x2(2).
Please check computer setting. cordbg.exe !a 0xca4" when i clicked
"cancel" for debug.

Finally the update installation was cancelled.

I don't know how to deal with this problem, please help!!
Thank you!!

SLo

Stephen Lo, Vancouver, BC., CA.

Rock

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2002

losl(removethis) wrote:

> I have Windows XP Pro SP2 installed and with all the online updates.
> Update and install "MS .NET Framework 1.0 SP3 English Version" failed
> and got a window with heading "SL56.tmp - Commmon Language Runtime
> Debugging Service" saying "Apllication has generated an exception that
> could be handled. Proceess id=0xca4(3236), Thread id=0xca8(3240)".
>
> The installation was terminated when i clicked "OK".
>
> Another "SL56.tmp - No debugger found" window popped up saying
> "Registered JIT debugger is not availabe. Anattemp to launcha JIT
> debugger with the following command resultedin an error code of 0x2(2).
> Please check computer setting. cordbg.exe !a 0xca4" when i clicked
> "cancel" for debug.
>
> Finally the update installation was cancelled.
>
> I don't know how to deal with this problem, please help!!
> Thank you!!
>
> SLo

You cross posted (cross posting removed) but maybe not to the best group
for your issue. Post this to the experts in the Windows Update
newsgroup: news://msnews.microsoft.com/microsoft.public.windowsupdate