VBS onsale - is it still April Fools Day?

Check this out
It has to be a wind up?
http://www.virtualbattlespace.com/store/

Buddy can you spare me $500 ? :)

Massive price drop!

Wasn't it $1,500 a coupla years back?
PLUS you needed ID too?

I wonder what game they're using now?

*grins*

"Mort <TZW>" wrote

"Mort <TZW>" <nospam@sweatyhelmet.org> wrote in message
> Check this out
> It has to be a wind up?
> http://www.virtualbattlespace.com/store/
>
> Buddy can you spare me $500 ? :)

I think my company may be about to make an unscheduled software purchase!
If I do it that way the missus wont find out :)

this doesnt look like an april fools as it would be a very long winded
1! i would love to get my hands on that with all the addons!

"[RM]Wolfy" <thenomeaningnofx@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> this doesnt look like an april fools as it would be a very long winded
> 1! i would love to get my hands on that with all the addons!

Those addons do look sweet. The character models are nice. But it's VERY
like BAS. Either BAS and BIS are both very good at representing real life
models - or BIS copied BAS.

--

Liddle Feesh
*fap fap fap fap*

On Thu, 20 May 2004, Mort <TZW> wrote:

> Check this out
> It has to be a wind up?
> http://www.virtualbattlespace.com/store/
>
> Buddy can you spare me $500 ? :)

I can't quite work it out... What *exactly* is the VBS relationship to
OpFlaps?

a lot more expensive

a lot more exclusive

mega mulitplayer

A bit like the way DF was supposedly 'used'
by the USMC, VBS was originally developed
from OFP as a US military training program.

Usama was the first customer

"H. Barker" wrote

Liddle Feesh wrote:
> "[RM]Wolfy" <thenomeaningnofx@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> this doesnt look like an april fools as it would be a very long
>> winded 1! i would love to get my hands on that with all the addons!
>
> Those addons do look sweet. The character models are nice. But it's
> VERY like BAS. Either BAS and BIS are both very good at representing
> real life models - or BIS copied BAS.

I just watched the trailer - there's a dog in it :)

--
Mutley!! Doooooo Something!!
Fix Outlook Express - http://flash.to/oe-quotefix/

What exaclty does this software allow you to do? Can you play it as a player
??? In that cases it is a 'corperate' version of OFP

"Rizla Ranger UK" <og@ziplip.com> wrote in message
> Massive price drop!
>
> Wasn't it $1,500 a coupla years back?
> PLUS you needed ID too?
>
> I wonder what game they're using now?
>
> *grins*

They probably have a Star Trek 'holodeck' by now so they figure they'll let
us peasants pay to play with their old toys :)
I might just have a punt though for the hell of it.
Max res

"Domestos" <andy.makerdo@virgin.net> wrote in message news:eek:e5rc.87
> What exaclty does this software allow you to do? Can you play it as a
player
> ??? In that cases it is a 'corperate' version of OFP

LOL, that is quote of the day: "VBS is the "Corporate" edition of OFP"

Basically - VBS IS OFP with the following enhancements:

1. Planning module (presumably in military language and format)
2. Debriefing module (again, in miltary jargon)
3. A selection of BAS-style addons

Nothing more, nothing less.

It would be interesting to see how they will manage their
change/configuration control process with regard to keeping OFP2 and VBS2
versions concurrent.

There would be nothing wrong with dropping OFP and releasing VBS2 in
military and civilian configurations.

--

Liddle Feesh
*fap fap fap fap*

Less than 500 Euro for the lot too!!!!!

I think Im going to start saving :)

Or BAS is really BIS working pseudonymously?

--Uzi

"Liddle Feesh" <l@f.com> wrote in message
> "[RM]Wolfy" <thenomeaningnofx@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > this doesnt look like an april fools as it would be a very long winded
> > 1! i would love to get my hands on that with all the addons!
>
> Those addons do look sweet. The character models are nice. But it's VERY
> like BAS. Either BAS and BIS are both very good at representing real life
> models - or BIS copied BAS.
>

> --
>
> Liddle Feesh
> *fap fap fap fap*
> <>< <>< <>< <>< ><>
> <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <><

Obviously, VBS has animated animals, which are highly valuable as "motion
decoys", distracting the player's eyes from real threats. I believe it also
has a working artillery system.

Does it have mid-game joining, though?

> "Domestos" <andy.makerdo@virgin.net> wrote in message news:eek:e5rc.87
> > What exaclty does this software allow you to do? Can you play it as a
> player
> > ??? In that cases it is a 'corperate' version of OFP
>
> LOL, that is quote of the day: "VBS is the "Corporate" edition of OFP"
>
> Basically - VBS IS OFP with the following enhancements:
>
> 1. Planning module (presumably in military language and format)
> 2. Debriefing module (again, in miltary jargon)
> 3. A selection of BAS-style addons
>
> Nothing more, nothing less.
>
> It would be interesting to see how they will manage their
> change/configuration control process with regard to keeping OFP2 and VBS2
> versions concurrent.
>
> There would be nothing wrong with dropping OFP and releasing VBS2 in
> military and civilian configurations.
>
> --
>
> Liddle Feesh
> *fap fap fap fap*
> <>< <>< <>< <>< ><>
> <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <><

*goes through pockets*

Right, well, I can get about 50 squids together...

"Mort <TZW>" <nospam@sweatyhelmet.org> wrote in message

> "Mort <TZW>" <nospam@sweatyhelmet.org> wrote in message
> > Check this out
> > It has to be a wind up?
> > http://www.virtualbattlespace.com/store/
> >
> > Buddy can you spare me $500 ? :)
> >

> I think my company may be about to make an unscheduled software purchase!
> If I do it that way the missus wont find out :)

LOL. Said company needs to have said funds available first! :p

--

Liddle Feesh
*fap fap fap fap*

"Uziyahu" <NNOSPAMMuziyahu@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:Q%
> Or BAS is really BIS working pseudonymously?

Doubt it. But the whole BAS/BIS thing seems to be a sensistive one right
now.

--

Liddle Feesh
*fap fap fap fap*

> So, what other addons are available with VBS1
> which aren't around in OFP, apart from the above?

It would be interesting to add random or scripted movement from the
civilians in thier houses and cars etc... Mass civilian evacuation, I always
found OFP a bit scarce regarding general people going about thier business.
Obviously thier business would be limited in a war :)

I still stand by my comment that its a corperate version of OFP.

Domestos

"TONIK <TZW>" <nomail@home.nl> wrote in message
> Less than 500 Euro for the lot too!!!!!
>
> I think Im going to start saving :)

Whats that in GBP ?

Domestos wrote:
> "TONIK <TZW>" <nomail@home.nl> wrote in message
>> Less than 500 Euro for the lot too!!!!!
>>
>> I think Im going to start saving :)
>
> Whats that in GBP ?

300-350 I think

--
Mutley!! Doooooo Something!!
Fix Outlook Express - http://flash.to/oe-quotefix/
as recommended by your friendly neighbourhood MeltDown.

Maybe the USMC will get a public server up sometime....then we can go and
show em whos boss in OFP.

I think we'd be one of those 'asymmetric threats' theyre always going on
about. Little do they know it only *appears* that we're not organised
resistance hehe.

> > So, what other addons are available with VBS1
> > which aren't around in OFP, apart from the above?
>
> It would be interesting to add random or scripted movement from the
> civilians in thier houses and cars etc... Mass civilian evacuation, I
always
> found OFP a bit scarce regarding general people going about thier
business.
> Obviously thier business would be limited in a war :)
>
> I still stand by my comment that its a corperate version of OFP.
>
> Domestos

TJ

Lots of the models you recognise were made by the same modeller that once
worked with BAS, and since got hired for VBS. Same with the textures. Simple
as that.

> "Uziyahu" <NNOSPAMMuziyahu@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:Q%
> > Or BAS is really BIS working pseudonymously?
>
> Doubt it. But the whole BAS/BIS thing seems to be a sensistive one right
> now.
>

> --
>
> Liddle Feesh
> *fap fap fap fap*
> <>< <>< <>< <>< ><>
> <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <><

Oh, I see. Well, good for him!

No reason someone who makes good stuff for OFP can't get hired and make
money doing it.

--Uzi

"TJ" <who@where.com> wrote in message
> Lots of the models you recognise were made by the same modeller that once
> worked with BAS, and since got hired for VBS. Same with the textures.
Simple
> as that.
>

> "Liddle Feesh" <l@f.com> wrote in message
> > "Uziyahu" <NNOSPAMMuziyahu@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:Q%
> > > Or BAS is really BIS working pseudonymously?
> >
> > Doubt it. But the whole BAS/BIS thing seems to be a sensistive one right
> > now.
> >

> > --
> >
> > Liddle Feesh
> > *fap fap fap fap*

Yeah, you almost wonder if this is going to separate the OFP men from the
OFP boys, so to speak.

Will there be an elite group of VBS1 players connecting to just a few
servers online?

What are the chances that the Animals Module consists of simple .pbo addon
files that can also be used in regular OFP:R?

=-Uzi