reading hebrew text on my pocket pc

July 6, 2005 12:12:35 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc,microsoft.public.pocketpc.developer (More info?)

I would like to be able to read Hebrew emails that I receive. I would be
happy to settle for viewing the mail in Hebrew font even if it is backwards,
i.e. left to right instead of right to left. When I installed the Tahoma
font, I am able to read the Hebrew email subject if it is bolded (i.e. not
read) but I can't read it if it is not bolded (i.e. read). I can never read
the message itself because it is not bolded.

Is another font I need to use? Is there any other way (application?) that I
view Hebrew text? Of course being able to read word files and web pages
would be nice too

I have tried the Eyron Hebrew support and I quickly removed that and reset
my unit because it was way too slow

i am using an iPaq 4700
Anonymous
July 6, 2005 4:17:40 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc,microsoft.public.pocketpc.developer (More info?)

When did you check Eyron's hebrew?

They had a performance problem in their first version for the 4700, but
since then 3 versions have been released and from what I hear from other
users it is performing OK.

--
Helio Diamant
MS-MVP/Mobile Devices

"MR" <comconix@newsgroup.nospam> wrote in message
news:o zjuSlegFHA.2560@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
>I would like to be able to read Hebrew emails that I receive. I would be
>happy to settle for viewing the mail in Hebrew font even if it is
>backwards, i.e. left to right instead of right to left. When I installed
>the Tahoma font, I am able to read the Hebrew email subject if it is bolded
>(i.e. not read) but I can't read it if it is not bolded (i.e. read). I can
>never read the message itself because it is not bolded.
>
> Is another font I need to use? Is there any other way (application?) that
> I view Hebrew text? Of course being able to read word files and web pages
> would be nice too
>
> I have tried the Eyron Hebrew support and I quickly removed that and reset
> my unit because it was way too slow
>
> i am using an iPaq 4700

July 6, 2005 6:47:12 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc,microsoft.public.pocketpc.developer (More info?)

i tried it in January. is there a newer version?

"Helio Diamant - MS-MVP/Mobile Devices" <helio@nospam.pocketpcfreak.com>
wrote in message news:eZkFQuggFHA.3692@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
> When did you check Eyron's hebrew?
>
> They had a performance problem in their first version for the 4700, but
> since then 3 versions have been released and from what I hear from other
> users it is performing OK.
>
> --
> Helio Diamant
> MS-MVP/Mobile Devices
> www.pocketpcfreak.com
>
> "MR" <comconix@newsgroup.nospam> wrote in message
> news:o zjuSlegFHA.2560@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
>>I would like to be able to read Hebrew emails that I receive. I would be
>>happy to settle for viewing the mail in Hebrew font even if it is
>>backwards, i.e. left to right instead of right to left. When I installed
>>the Tahoma font, I am able to read the Hebrew email subject if it is
>>bolded (i.e. not read) but I can't read it if it is not bolded (i.e.
>>read). I can never read the message itself because it is not bolded.
>>
>> Is another font I need to use? Is there any other way (application?) that
>> I view Hebrew text? Of course being able to read word files and web pages
>> would be nice too
>>
>> I have tried the Eyron Hebrew support and I quickly removed that and
>> reset my unit because it was way too slow
>>
>> i am using an iPaq 4700

Anonymous
July 6, 2005 9:07:02 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc,microsoft.public.pocketpc.developer (More info?)

If I am not wrong there were versions in March and May.

Helio

--

!