Zalman 9700 + Cooler Master Praetorian PAC-T01 Will it Fit?

pchoi04

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2007
Just like it says. Looking at getting a Zalman 9700 seems like a good fan but best of all it looks like it mounts securely onto the motherboard but my only concern is whether or not it will fit in my Cooler Master Praetorian PAC-T01-EK.

Any thoughts?

JuiceJones

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2006
I have the same case and a 9500 CNPS; it barely fits, another millimeter and I wouldn't be able to slide out the mobo tray with the cooler installed.

I had a slightly taller cooler on it before (can't remember what it was called for the life of me) and it allowed me to put on the side of the case, but it made it impossible to slide out the tray. I think the 9700 will fit with the side on, but you won't be able to slide it out on the tray.

As a side note, the Tuniq Tower 120 is considered a better air cooler, and can be found for the same price.

http://anandtech.com/casecooling/showdoc.aspx?i=2932&p=5

pchoi04

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2007
I already have the case and everything but I just started overclocking and my CPU is getting BLAZING HOT. My desk is just sufficating my desktop so I'm going to cut a hole in the back of the desk so more air can easily flow into it. But even when I pull it out of the desk its still reaching 70C at 100% workload. Inside the desk it was getting as high as 80C and I wasnt about to find out how much hotter it can get.

(running core 2 duo)

I was looking at the Tuniq Tower 120 and it looks awesome but the only thing holding me back is the mounted just seems flimsy.