Serious problem over online gaming

Timeless

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2006
ok heres the problem i got broadband a few months back no every time i try to play a multilayer online such as doom 3 ,prey, fear or halo i cannot connect to the servers for gaming. now on dial up i can connect but obviously i can't play because of lag. but when i am on broadband i cannot connect. the modem that the installed to my pc just stops blinking the service provider provided a pradyne modem and the connection is always on requiring no login but i can't play no multilayer in my games but if i load a game such as hero online i can play but i want my fps to work especially fear combat i can see the servers but cannot connect. yes i can seee the servers for some games like fear halo but i can't connect in games like prey and doom and quake 4 i can't even see the servers. i even have my firewall allowing the games and i even disable the firewall but nothiign works anybody know what can be done. i am tired with this any help appreciated

deadcells

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2007
I'm not sure how things work over there... whereever there is... but on my side of the world ISP's providing "broadband" block numerous ports to reduce applications such as gaming and P2P from crippling the network.

This is normally all written in the fine print.

I suggest you first talk to someone at the ISP and find out if they are doing this. You will need to know the port number being used by the games.