Sign in with
Your question

Just a little snippet from everyone's favorite PhD

Last response: in CPUs
April 10, 2007 1:10:47 PM

I won't reference the site's address or even mention this guy's name... regulars here surely know who posted this... just figured we'd all get a good laugh at this guy's expense. So here is everyone's favorite PhD explaining why AMD is in such great shape!

---

AMD's game is simple. Use high clock K8 to battle Core 2 Duo, and take the high end market with K10. In floating point, K10 is 3.6x the speed of dual core K8.

Once K10 is out, all K8 and Core 2 CPUs will be sold at below $100. I expect the Core 2 Duo E6800 to be sold at $97, the E6700+ at $96, and the Athlon 64 X2 6000+ at $95, the E6430 at $94, the X2 3600+ will drop a buck to $64. The K10 CPUs will be priced from $150 to $999. Intel will suffer a violent death.

More about : snippet favorite phd

April 10, 2007 1:21:54 PM

Here's my favorite part:
Quote:
Intel will suffer a violent death.

Thanks for the chuckles!
April 10, 2007 1:22:59 PM

Wishfull thinking at its worst.
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
April 10, 2007 1:27:48 PM

Looks like somebody has a controlled substance abuse problem.

Denile is not just a river in Egypt.
April 10, 2007 1:46:20 PM

Quote:
Intel will suffer a violent death.
\

Fixed
April 10, 2007 1:52:19 PM

Not a word is mentioned about AMD's financial woes. It's all very humorous... I can't help but think this guy got his "PhD" from one of those online universities that give you credit for your "life experiences" There are plenty of other nuggets on the site, but that was the current posting and I just figured it was worth sharing. Poor Intel.
April 10, 2007 1:55:59 PM

For 420, I want what he smokes.
Quote:
ntel's Quad core only slightly faster than the $64 X2 3600

You pay $65 for the X2 3600+ and get 65.5 fps in Rainbow Six: Vegas.
Or, you pay $1000 for the Intel's fake quad core QX6800 and get 88 fps.
If you look at other benchmarks, the picture is worse for Intel.

The pathetic "quad core" performance of Intel CPUs shows how outdated Intel's architecture is.

Here are the tests he references:
http://techreport.com/reviews/2007q2/core2-qx6800/index...
http://techreport.com/reviews/2007q2/core2-qx6800/index...
April 10, 2007 2:04:35 PM

LOL, yeah AMD has Intel on the run as we speak. :lol: 
April 10, 2007 2:08:57 PM

Where, exactly, can I get that e6800 for $97? I'm willing to travel.

Anyone? :lol: 
April 10, 2007 2:18:07 PM

Quote:
Where, exactly, can I get that e6800 for $97? I'm willing to travel.

Anyone? :lol: 

You'll have to pose that question to the good doctor.
April 10, 2007 2:25:48 PM

This guy seriously needs therapy for his mental issues. There is a chance he may actually hurt someone in real life when AMD files for bankruptcy.
April 10, 2007 2:31:05 PM

Quote:
This guy seriously needs therapy for his mental issues. There is a chance he may actually hurt someone in real life when AMD files for bankruptcy.

Yeah, himself.
April 10, 2007 2:48:50 PM

ROFL, man I like AMD, but this guy just acts like one of the ignorant Mac owners sometimes and it makes me angry and makes me hunger for bad news from AMD, just so he can deny it. LOL!!!

Best,

3Ball
April 10, 2007 2:53:41 PM

Don't see that every day... a Xeon gaming rig.
April 10, 2007 3:16:34 PM

It makes my games more enjoyable! lol

Best,

3Ball
April 10, 2007 3:17:31 PM

Quote:
So here is everyone's favorite PhD explaining why AMD is in such great shape!

What is his PhD in: Sick Humor? No wait, this doesn't even qualify for that.
April 10, 2007 3:26:42 PM

Quote:
So here is everyone's favorite PhD explaining why AMD is in such great shape!

What is his PhD in: Sick Humor? No wait, this doesn't even qualify for that.

Mental retardation...there is at least one person on this board who posts here that actually falls into that tripe and posts over there.... I post there...but just to heckle...It's in my top 5 favorite humor sites...
April 10, 2007 4:23:39 PM

Where does he post this stuff from?

A) An Amsterdam Coffee House.
B) A Compton Crack House.
C) Relaxin’ at Camarillo’s.
D) An underground bunker in Central Berlin.

The first correct answer wins a bottle of thunderbird. The runner up prize is an Athlon X2 3800+. All entrants receive a free Sempron AM2.
April 10, 2007 4:32:22 PM

Quote:

The first correct answer wins a bottle of thunderbird. The runner up prize is an Athlon X2 3800+. All entrants receive a free Sempron AM2.

All of the above. He changes locations because he can't hold a steady job.
April 10, 2007 4:43:24 PM

Quote:

Has to be B because this guy is wasted reality doesn't seem to exist in his world.
April 10, 2007 4:47:10 PM

Quote:

I choose E. :mrgreen:
April 10, 2007 4:48:05 PM

I assume you are speaking of BM, I never realised he had a PHD. He seems more like the type to have VD, OPP, ADD, or a BLT.

I haven't seen him on here lately. Maybe he got sold with THG and the new owner decided to send him back to AMD to get a newer Revision.
April 10, 2007 4:48:51 PM

Quote:
I assume you are speaking of BM, I never realised he had a PHD. He seems more like the type to have VD, OPP, ADD, or a BLT.

I haven't seen him on here lately. Maybe he got sold with THG and the new owner decided to send him back to AMD to get a newer Revision.

No, the OP was refering Sharidouche....
April 10, 2007 4:51:26 PM

Does he write articles for the mentally challenged somewhere?
April 10, 2007 4:51:45 PM

You have to admit, the guy knows how to generate traffic.

His blog has to be some sort of experiment.
April 10, 2007 4:53:49 PM

Quote:
Does he write articles for the mentally challenged somewhere?

I'd link it but it's sacrilege to do so...
April 10, 2007 4:56:30 PM

Quote:
I choose E. :mrgreen:

Sorted :p 
Or maybe it's a multiple choice answer and he went for L, S & D. :wink:

Did anybody get the Charlie Parker reference? Well you gotta try.
April 10, 2007 4:57:19 PM

Quote:

LOL... no, BM is infinitely more articulate and educated than the guy I'm talking about... and BM on many occasions makes a decent argument for his opinion. BIG difference between the two.
April 10, 2007 5:07:44 PM

Apparently he neglected to mention Penryn is coming soon, and Intel already has 32 and 22nm on the roadmap....

Thanks! Thats funny as hell :lol: 
April 10, 2007 7:03:18 PM

Quote:
Ahhhh more of the infamous shakirapoppypants dribble. :wink: Could it be possible that stumpydumbazzshit is none other than our own berroneous hatpin ?

Nah - even I don't stretch it that far. At least Baron can type in clear sentences most of the time. That douchebag on blogspot can barely type out legible words much less string together entire sentences. His croonies who slob his knob on a daily basis aren't much better...
April 10, 2007 7:19:34 PM

His cronies have a habit of altering the laws of physics, economics and logic (all in the same post, mind you) just to prove Shakirou right. If he really is playing people for fools, then what does this say about that lot?
April 10, 2007 7:21:45 PM

Quote:

Pig-Headed Demeanor. :wink: ... You really didn't know?
April 10, 2007 7:36:55 PM

Quote:
His cronies have a habit of altering the laws of physics, economics and logic (all in the same post, mind you) just to prove Shakirou right. If he really is playing people for fools, then what does this say about that lot?
He's Jim Jones, and the other blog regulars are his followers. :x
April 10, 2007 7:38:07 PM

That is taking it too far.
April 10, 2007 7:39:41 PM

Pretty Hillarious Disinformation
April 10, 2007 7:41:36 PM

Quote:
I thought it meant Pedophelic hedonist dysfunction 8O

Bad taste. :twisted:
April 10, 2007 7:43:28 PM

Quote:

You really think he's just taking us for a ride? If I recall he had some crazy looking picture posted as his avatar... that crazy picture is what helped convince me that he might just be that damned stupid. I dunno... maybe he's just making fools of all of us... but man, it's an elaborate hoax... he's even got a counter-blogger linked on his site.
April 10, 2007 8:01:05 PM

About the pedo comment. That was what I was referring too. But its already been pointed out so mou.
April 10, 2007 8:03:05 PM

Quote:

You really think he's just taking us for a ride? If I recall he had some crazy looking picture posted as his avatar... that crazy picture is what helped convince me that he might just be that damned stupid. I dunno... maybe he's just making fools of all of us... but man, it's an elaborate hoax... he's even got a counter-blogger linked on his site.He's laughing(like a psychotic madman) all the way to the bank. :wink:
April 10, 2007 8:08:26 PM

Everything AMD does Intel has to follow, has to. Now that is power getting dragging by a leash. :p 
a b à CPUs
April 10, 2007 8:21:41 PM

His PHd
stands for
Paethetic-Homo Disorder
April 10, 2007 8:25:12 PM

Quote:
About the pedo comment. That was what I was referring too. But its already been pointed out so mou.

Its not any less tasteful than his surreal bs.Granted, but that "p" word does illicit anger and disgust.
April 10, 2007 8:26:22 PM

Isn't it Piled Higher and Deeper
a b à CPUs
April 10, 2007 8:26:33 PM

He might also have disorders called DVD, SUV, and TGV :p 
April 10, 2007 8:53:03 PM

Quote:

Its not any less tasteful than his surreal bs.
Let’s get some perspective here. Being an AMD fanboy is not punishable by the courts at this point in time and for most people is an irrelevance. Being a paedophile is a serious criminal offence and is also socially a very big stigma; paedophiles risk being run out of their homes by vigilante mobs.

Quote:
His PHd stands for Paethetic-Homo Disorder

As sad as this particular AMD fanboy is you appear to be an even sadder individual.
I dislike political correctness immensely but some of the comments on this thread show people up in a very poor light.

Quote:
Isn't it Piled Higher and Deeper

LOL. Processors Historically Decimated!
April 10, 2007 9:11:09 PM

Quote:
If his slanderous remarks could be proven detrimental , he could be sued and or imprisoned.

There’s about as much chance as someone suing a crazy homeless person that shouts out stock tips on the street that don’t pan out. i.e. Zero.

Quote:
Of course its limiting by way of performance but AMD's role is important,and Intels illegal approach deserves the sentiment.

I think AMD’s role is essential but I’m not sure what illegal Intel approaches you refer to? Or do you mean alleged offences!

Your initial retraction seemed genuine but this continuing rebuttal makes me seriously doubt your sincerity. If I’m wrong I apologize, but that’s just the way it looks.
April 10, 2007 11:18:30 PM

Quote:
FYI AMD has won a few suits against intel for illegal crap. Unlicensed use of tech and monopolistic behavior in japan.
nothing alledged about it. :wink:

OK, thanks for clearing that up. However, I still don’t see the connection between this and you making pedophile remarks against an AMD fanboy!
Are you trying to justify your remarks because of the unlawful actions of an American Corporation’s Japanese’s subsidiary? I don’t see the connection! If you acted badly just stand up and admit it, don’t try and drag faceless Corporations into it to try and hide behind.
You either think what you said was in poor taste or you don’t; which is it?
April 10, 2007 11:49:05 PM

Quote:

AMD's game is simple. Use high clock K8 to battle Core 2 Duo, and take the high end market with K10. In floating point, K10 is 3.6x the speed of dual core K8.

Once K10 is out, all K8 and Core 2 CPUs will be sold at below $100. I expect the Core 2 Duo E6800 to be sold at $97, the E6700+ at $96, and the Athlon 64 X2 6000+ at $95, the E6430 at $94, the X2 3600+ will drop a buck to $64. The K10 CPUs will be priced from $150 to $999. Intel will suffer a violent death.

Crack....A mind is a terrible thing to waste
April 10, 2007 11:54:18 PM

Quote:
the X2 3600+ will drop a buck to $64

I wonder if he isn't trying to make fun of the whole world... :lol:  neah, it couldn't be so, him being quoted all around the web and stuff ...
!