anti-spyware and anti-virus recommendations

zeroyb

Distinguished
Nov 10, 2001
Hi, I've got a PC with Win XP SP2. I'm currently using Etrust antivirus and Windows Defender on it. But, I'm suspecting it's got virus and/or spyware that those two softwares are not detecting. Can anyone recommend me other good anti-spyware and antivirus software (preferably free)? Thanks.

mtlndg

Distinguished
Aug 18, 2006
try using trend mico house call.. it's a free on-line scan.
also AVG anti virus is really good, banks use this application.

INeedCache

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2005
Most free anti-spyware applications are not proactive, meaning they will only remove spyware that has already installed. I recommend a good proactive one like PestPatrol or Spyware Doctor, but you'll have to pay as they are not free. I think they are worth paying for as it's better to prevent something than remove it after the fact. If you really want protection, visit http://www.getmyaura.com/ and check it out.

cptblackeye

Distinguished
Jul 10, 2006
I beleive the old addage "you get what you pay for". I feel it's worth it to spend a few bucks for something good. I use PC-cillin for antivirus because it doesn't use up much resources to run in the background. Same is true for Spysweeper.

nicwillemse

Distinguished
Aug 15, 2006
AVG is probably the best free anti virus, its really great, fre updates and schedules it all !!!! Great anti virus!!!!!!!!

If you looking for a good firewall, have a look at zone labs, the provide a very strong firewall for free aswell! very secure!!!

TRENDING THREADS