Blue screen won't go away (XP Home Edition)

Tyler

Hey I've had this problem for about a week, and my computer just does'nt turn
on. Hope you guys can help.

(XP Home Edition)

This is the message that comes on a blue screen after the computer is
started up, whether by a normal startup or through safe mode:

A problem has been detected and windows has been shutdown to prevent damage
to your computer.

If this is the first time you've seen this stop error screen, restart you
computer. If this screen appears again follow these steps;

Check for viruses on your computer. Remove any newly installed hard drives
or hard drive controllers.

Check your hard drive to make sure it is properly configured and terminated.
Run CHKDSK/F to check for hard drive corruption and then restart your
computer.

Technical Information

***STOP: 0x0000007B (0xF967763C, 0xC00000034, 0x00000000, 0x00000000)

The only thing I installed on my computer that day was powerDVD. I had it
installed on my computer previously and had no problems. I can't check for
viruses as the computer doesnt turn on. There nothing wrong with my hard
drive, I think, I did some test's with somebody from Dell and they said
everything there was ok.

I've tested all the hardware, the problem doesnt lie there.

As I can't turn my computer on and I can't find my product ID, I won't be
able to contact microsoft until tomorow and I don't know how long it will
take after that. It's been six days and Dell have only now told me that it's
probably something wrong with the software.

Any help anybody can give me is really apreciated.

Thanks

Ty

"Tyler" <Tyler@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hey I've had this problem for about a week, and my computer just does'nt
> turn
> on. Hope you guys can help.
>
> (XP Home Edition)
>
> This is the message that comes on a blue screen after the computer is
> started up, whether by a normal startup or through safe mode:
>
> A problem has been detected and windows has been shutdown to prevent
> damage
> to your computer.
>
> If this is the first time you've seen this stop error screen, restart you
> computer. If this screen appears again follow these steps;
>
> Check for viruses on your computer. Remove any newly installed hard drives
> or hard drive controllers.
>
> Check your hard drive to make sure it is properly configured and
> terminated.
> Run CHKDSK/F to check for hard drive corruption and then restart your
> computer.
>
> Technical Information
>
> ***STOP: 0x0000007B (0xF967763C, 0xC00000034, 0x00000000, 0x00000000)
>
> The only thing I installed on my computer that day was powerDVD. I had it
> installed on my computer previously and had no problems. I can't check for
> viruses as the computer doesnt turn on. There nothing wrong with my hard
> drive, I think, I did some test's with somebody from Dell and they said
> everything there was ok.
>
> I've tested all the hardware, the problem doesnt lie there.
>
> As I can't turn my computer on and I can't find my product ID, I won't
> be
> able to contact microsoft until tomorow and I don't know how long it will
> take after that. It's been six days and Dell have only now told me that
> it's
> probably something wrong with the software.
>
> Any help anybody can give me is really apreciated.
>
> Thanks
>
> Ty

Stop 0x0000007B or INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/treeview/default.asp?url=/technet/prodtechnol/winxppro/reskit/prmd_stp_xlxv.asp

How to troubleshoot "Stop 0x0000007B" errors in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/324103

--
Frank Saunders, MS-MVP, IE/OE
http://www.fjsmjs.com