right click>send to>ITEMS MISSING

Status
Not open for further replies.

Giraffe

Distinguished
Jun 29, 2004
4 sum reason now wen i right click and go to send to i only get the options 4 the floppy disk and cd drives. i cant "send to desktop(create shortcut)"

idk wat made this happen but it was working fine yesterday. since then i have installed spy sweeper and nod32, then removed nod32. that is all i have done besides teh usual.

PLZ HELP

dmroeder

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2005
Go to C:\Documents and Settings\"User" (your username goes there).

Then go to Tools - Folder Options (View tab). Make sure you have "Hide File Extensions" unchecked and you want to view hidden folders.

Now you will see a folder called "SendTo". This is where those items reside for the right click - send to option.

To get your desktop one back, create a new text file and rename it whatever you want with .DeskLink as the file extension. The default would look like this:

Desktop (create shortcut).DeskLink

You can add whatever you want in there too.

david9561

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2010
:hello: Giraffe

Playing with registry is a good option if you have some experience using the registry manually otherwise don't mess with it..I can suggest you PC fixer Of ASO.It is available on download.com or you can download it using http://download.cnet.com/Advanced-System-Optimizer/3000-2094_4-10147659.html

There can be many other several problems on your PC but its good optimizer . just run it and you have list of all the problem your PC is facing. Repair is just a click away :)

Hope it works for you :pt1cable:

Status
Not open for further replies.