Logitech MOMO Racing Wheel..

fender22

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2007
Hey guys... I am tempted to buy a racing wheel and pedals to play racing games on my PC.. NFS:MW NFS:C GTR2 and maybe even some good old NFS: Porsche Unleashed.... Currently, I own a Microsoft sidewinder Single axis controller.. The axis isn't even analog.. it resembles the Play Station controllers in the top left corner.. Anyways.. I was wondering if the MOMO wheel and pedals are worth getting.. I would like something that would last a while and not break (DUH) and something not to noisy... $75 plus shipping is about as high as I wanna go.. So unless there is something extremely outstanding above that price then thats my budget.. The Logitech G25 is out of the question btw. Any of those Genius wheels any good?

So

How noisy are these wheels?

Is the quality good enough to last?

I would really appreciate any feedback on this.. Especially from MOMO owners with their PROS and CONS...

bullaRh

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2006
I have the MOMO and eh i used it like 4 times .. i guess that wasnt really me because i crash in to everything :p god i suck but atleast im better with the keyboard :lol: .
its kinda noisy i think but i guess when u got headphones on or got ur volume pumped up u wont notice it

i think the quality is good it can take a hit or 2 and the force feedback is really nice

dunno what else to say about it.

fender22

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2007
I have the MOMO and eh i used it like 4 times .. i guess that wasnt really me because i crash in to everything :p god i suck but atleast im better with the keyboard :lol: .
its kinda noisy i think but i guess when u got headphones on or got ur volume pumped up u wont notice it

i think the quality is good it can take a hit or 2 and the force feedback is really nice

dunno what else to say about it.

Ha thanks.. Im rather gifted at video games so I don't think I'll be doing much crashing.... :lol: :roll:

fender22

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2007
You said it is out of the question but I have to say this is the one to get, it rocks!

http://www.pricegrabber.com/p__Logitech_G25_Racing_Wheel,__27804483/zip_code=53221/sort_type=bottomline

Yeah.. Its just to expensive.. and as a kid not having a steady job.. I don't have much to spend.. and what I do have is saved for other things in my life.. maybe a graphics card every now and then

echdskech

Distinguished
Mar 19, 2007
I bought my MOMO just before the NFS:Carbon launch. Totally loved it for NFS:MW. The force feedback and actual feel of driving was there minus the motion sickness. However, when I finally got Carbon, I felt it lacking in that it doesn't have a clutch and manual stick shift which would've made drifting much more immerssive and realistic.

As for the noise, its only there if you have either force feedback or if you keep slamming the wheel from end to end. Would sell mine for that G25 if they were selling it here just for the clutch. Tho if you don't play games that support clutches or manual shifting (non-sequential), the MOMO would be more than sufficient. :)

fender22

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2007
Yeah.. thanks guys. playing NFS MW right now.. fun and all but a wheel would be great... I always drive "manual" but its not actually real without a clutch....
The MOMO works with PS3.. or so I hear....

fender22

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2007
Kinda makes a rubbing sound when FF is on, but as said b4, you arent going to notice it unlesss you have your volume on minimum and you arent really into the game.

I'll take that with a with a slice of cheese... :wink:

croc

Distinguished
BANNED
Sep 14, 2005
Makes a bit of a 'whirr' noise if you go lock to lock quickly and FF's on... As to sturdiness, if a 5 yr old and a 7 yr old can't kill it, well... Kid tested, kid approved...

I'd have to say that its a good bang for the buck.

croc

Distinguished
BANNED
Sep 14, 2005
I find it unnoticable over the speakers, unless I've got the volume REALLY low. Like when the kids are playing, for instance, and we olders want to talk, for instance!

randomizer

Champion
As a matter of fact I dont own one, my dad does. Thats how I know what it sounds like. I've only used it a few times but its about 2-3 years old now I think and still going strong. Just a pain with some games to get set up, some games like combined pedals (not even sure what it is) on, others dont. Thats why I like keyboards, no setup required coz they all have generic capabilities.