nitto1320i

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2005
hi, i was just wondering if any of you guys know a good restore software like HP is using. i don't own an HP or Dell since i build my own. but i was just curious what kind of software they are using, that backup their software to another partition then you can just restore it to a fresh install.. i have tried using RestoreIT and it ain't similar to it.. so if anyone knows a good software that is similar to HP's, i would really appreciate it..

Nitto1320i

nitto1320i

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2005
thanks for replying.. i tried acronis backup utilities. i was looking for something similar to hp recovery system where the the restore partition completely reinstall windows from scratch with your drivers on it.. the acronis true image gives me some sort of problems regarding the backup issue on some of my computers thats about 30/100 of them were having a lot of issue on the restore..

g-paw

Splendid
Jan 31, 2006
If I understand what your saying, you want to be able to be able to restore 100 computers. If this is true, hope you are well compensated for figuring this one out. :D

sdxn2000

Distinguished
Aug 27, 2006
Drive image was used with my laptop restore CD years ago, but they got bought by Symantec last year. Some use Ghost with scripting to do th same thing.

Sounds like you are looking for a drive imaging app that will let you store the image file(s) on a (fat32) partition on your drive which you can use a boot disk/script to reload on a whim. I'd also like to find one.

I found this a while back while looking for a repartitioning tool but have not tried it, maybe it can be made to work as you need with a bit of tinkering:
http://www.bootitng.com/image.html

Good luck.