Unreal T

i was wondering if u guys play UT using the keyboard and mouse....or is there some joystick than can boost the fun....if yes...please enclose it in details...thanks a lot...
9 answers Last reply
More about unreal
  1. Mouse and Keyboard is the best way to go. I don't know about any joysticks for FPS's. But I heard that if the dreamcast people play quake 3 online with their gamepads, they're toast.
    Have fun.

English is my second language.
    My first language is C.
  2. I am not sure about UT, but I know a couple of people who play q2 with a joystick.

"He who laughs last doesn't get the joke"
  3. Yes keyboard and mouse are the only way to go. Anything less and your history.

Blah, Blah Blahh, Blahh, blahh blah blahh, blah blah.
  4. Totally.
    I saw one guy playing quake 3 on the keyboard. I almost fell on the floor laughing. Can you imagine turning around with the arrows?

Sh!t Happens.
  5. Why aren`t such games defaulted to use the Shift-A-S-D and Spacebar for the movement keys? Inverted Mouse Look for the right hand of course. Isn`t that position the most comfortable for folks left hand to rest on?

I want to die like my Grandfather...in my sleep...not screaming in terror like his passengers.<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by Kronos on 06/05/01 08:33 PM.</EM></FONT></P>
  6. I agree, if u r using a keyboard to play any of online fps, u better stay a spectator. I am yet to see a CS keyboard player though.

"He who laughs last doesn't get the joke"
  7. W-A-S-D is good, but I like the default Tribes 2 setting better. It's E-S-D-F, so you have more room to work, and the shift key is still close enough. You also have a better reach to the number keys, if you're someone who uses those.

Apple? Macintosh? What are these strange words you speak?
  8. I have played with joystick and keyboard/mouse...joysticks suck for FPS.

96.3 % of Statistics are made up.
  9. A Panther XL works great in UT, and HL,Q2,Q3 for that matter. It'a a joystick trackball combo. Stick in the right hand for movement and weapons etc , trackball in left used to "look" and a few more buttons to play with. Sadly out of production :( but the PXL Pro is eagerly awaited.

Other than that alot of people use a joystick/trackball combo (separate pieces) a Saitek or CH F16 stick with a Kensington Expert Mouse Pro or cheapie Crystal Trackball seems to work well.

But to be honest it all comes down to what you find most comfortable.
Ask a new question

Read More

Joystick Mice Keyboards Video Games