Ssd boot device and a big disk for home dir
Is there anyway to install win 7 to a small ssd and then linking the normal home dir MYDOCUMENTS to a 2TB Gig drive. I don't want all my files off on D:
The way I do it for Vista and W7 ...
1. Once setup and at the desktop, don't bother doing any customisatiom, but start up Computer Management via Control Panel\System and Security\Administrative Tools.
2. Local Users And Groups\Users, select Administrator and enable the account.
4. Logon as Administrator, no password, go into normal User Account management and delete the account created during setup and any and all files.
5. Startup Regedit and navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\ProfileList
6. Change the ProfilesDirectory from %SystemDrive%\Users to for example D:\Users.
7. Close down regedit and reboot.
8. Logon as Administrator and create a user account.
9. Logoff and logon using new account and let system create profile, which is now on your D: drive which of course now the default location for all your personal files.
10. Start up Computer Management via Control Panel\System and Security\Administrative Tools.
11. Local Users And Groups\Users, select Administrator and disable the account. Leaving this enabled is a big security risk !!!