HDTV for San Francisco studio

Last response: in Home Theatre
November 1, 2004 2:15:37 PM

Hi,

I live in an average-sized San Francisco studio and was keen on upgrading to
a flat-panel HDTV. I was leaning towards a 26" LCD.

However, I have got mixed opinions on whether it is actually worth buying an
HDTV that is less than 30". The 30" TVs cost too much and are frankly too
big for my pad. Should I buy an HDTV or just go SDTV?

My viewing habits are: mostly TV, a couple of movies a month and maybe an
hour of Xbox a week.

Thanks,
Schiz
Anonymous
November 1, 2004 5:35:45 PM

Schizoid Man wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I live in an average-sized San Francisco studio and was keen on upgrading to
> a flat-panel HDTV. I was leaning towards a 26" LCD.
>
> However, I have got mixed opinions on whether it is actually worth buying an
> HDTV that is less than 30". The 30" TVs cost too much and are frankly too
> big for my pad. Should I buy an HDTV or just go SDTV?

In just a few minutes of research on onecall's website I found that most
32-34" HD direct views are cheaper than most 26" LCD.

Matthew
Anonymous
November 1, 2004 11:18:01 PM

I highly recommend a 30-34" direct view CRT. The thin panels are cool, but
even the smallish HD capable displays are SO expensive. For $1000 you can
get a really nice CRT that looks better than the panels.

By the way, Xbox is awesome on HDTV. Get the HD pack for xbox.

--Dan

"Schizoid Man" <schiz@sf.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I live in an average-sized San Francisco studio and was keen on upgrading
> a flat-panel HDTV. I was leaning towards a 26" LCD.
>
> However, I have got mixed opinions on whether it is actually worth buying
an
> HDTV that is less than 30". The 30" TVs cost too much and are frankly too
> big for my pad. Should I buy an HDTV or just go SDTV?
>
> My viewing habits are: mostly TV, a couple of movies a month and maybe an
> hour of Xbox a week.
>
> Thanks,
> Schiz

Anonymous
November 2, 2004 5:27:25 PM

Get what you want. But, I have a 27" LCD in my bedroom... (I) Wanted a new
HD TV, could not afford a large one to replace the 52" Sony in the living
room. It's so amazing, we're actually thinking of taking the 52" Sony out
and selling it on EBay, and moving the LCD into the living room, and buying
a regular 4:3 for replacement in the bedroom. Our living room is small, and
actually the 52" is a monster in our small living room. The LCD is just
about right for our room anyway. The quality is so much like looking thru a
window, or thru binoculars when watching sports.

My vote is for the LCD, you won't regret it.

Russ

!