Pocket PC 2003 Wireless

a b F Wireless
July 6, 2005 10:54:50 PM

I just purchased a CF wireless for my iPaq 2200. I can't seem to get it to
connect to the Internet properly. When I start looking for information on
the Internet, I see screens with Network Connection on them that I do not
have. I just upgraded the BIOS to be on 1.10 so I think I have the latest
software. The WiFi connects to a wireless network but does not seem to
connect to Internet Explorer (I get "the page you are looking for cannot be
found"). The help guide says to use the My Work connection to connect to the
Internet but there is nothing there that makes any sense.

I am seeing Pocket PC 2003 Second Edition out there. Is this an upgrade that
I can purchase from Microsoft or do I have to purchase it from HP? Does it
do wireless better?

I am a newbie with the Pocket PC wireless. I have successfully used my
Socket modem to connect when I am on the road but more hotels have wireless
so I bought a Linksys Wireless G CF.

Thanks for any help.

Jan F.

More about : pocket 2003 wireless

Anonymous
a b F Wireless
July 6, 2005 11:36:06 PM

Jan - HP would be the one to check for the upgrade to WM2003se, however I
don't think that's the problem. Are you certain you are connected to the
wireless network?

When your device detects a network, a pop-up should say "found xxxxx
network" and ask how you want to connect. Then check "work" settings.

I have an integrated wi-fi, so I have no experience with CF wireless - do
you need drivers for this?

Let me know - xfiler

"Jan F" wrote:

> I just purchased a CF wireless for my iPaq 2200. I can't seem to get it to
> connect to the Internet properly. When I start looking for information on
> the Internet, I see screens with Network Connection on them that I do not
> have. I just upgraded the BIOS to be on 1.10 so I think I have the latest
> software. The WiFi connects to a wireless network but does not seem to
> connect to Internet Explorer (I get "the page you are looking for cannot be
> found"). The help guide says to use the My Work connection to connect to the
> Internet but there is nothing there that makes any sense.
>
> I am seeing Pocket PC 2003 Second Edition out there. Is this an upgrade that
> I can purchase from Microsoft or do I have to purchase it from HP? Does it
> do wireless better?
>
> I am a newbie with the Pocket PC wireless. I have successfully used my
> Socket modem to connect when I am on the road but more hotels have wireless
> so I bought a Linksys Wireless G CF.
>
> Thanks for any help.
>
> Jan F.

Anonymous
a b F Wireless
July 10, 2005 12:14:05 PM

Sorry to take so long to reply. I was out of town.

I figured out what the problem was...it was the security on the wireless
network. I set up a temporary "no security" network and it worked fine.
However, I still do not have the screens that some of the help guides
suggest I should have for Windows Mobile. Thanks for the tip regarding
HP...I will contact them about the upgrade to SE if it is available. Their
web site suggests that it is only available on certain models.

This stuff is all new to me...desktops I understand.

"xfiler" <candrv_nospam@hotmail_spamfree.com> wrote in message
> Jan - HP would be the one to check for the upgrade to WM2003se, however I
> don't think that's the problem. Are you certain you are connected to the
> wireless network?
>
> When your device detects a network, a pop-up should say "found xxxxx
> network" and ask how you want to connect. Then check "work" settings.
>
> I have an integrated wi-fi, so I have no experience with CF wireless - do
> you need drivers for this?
>
> Let me know - xfiler
>
> "Jan F" wrote:
>
> > I just purchased a CF wireless for my iPaq 2200. I can't seem to get it
> > connect to the Internet properly. When I start looking for information
on
> > the Internet, I see screens with Network Connection on them that I do
not
> > have. I just upgraded the BIOS to be on 1.10 so I think I have the
latest
> > software. The WiFi connects to a wireless network but does not seem to
> > connect to Internet Explorer (I get "the page you are looking for cannot
be
> > found"). The help guide says to use the My Work connection to connect to
the
> > Internet but there is nothing there that makes any sense.
> >
> > I am seeing Pocket PC 2003 Second Edition out there. Is this an upgrade
that
> > I can purchase from Microsoft or do I have to purchase it from HP? Does
it
> > do wireless better?
> >
> > I am a newbie with the Pocket PC wireless. I have successfully used my
> > Socket modem to connect when I am on the road but more hotels have
wireless
> > so I bought a Linksys Wireless G CF.
> >
> > Thanks for any help.
> >
> > Jan F.

Anonymous
a b F Wireless
July 10, 2005 12:31:04 PM

Yes, the PPC experience is a bit different then the desktop one. I have been
using wifi quite successfuly for about 3 months, and still, it confuses the
heck out of me sometimes, especialy changing security settings for each
network I need to access.

Good luck - also check out www.aximsite.com for more information on wireless.

xfiler.

!