svchost.exe error...sound related? help pls!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

echoplex

Distinguished
Jun 22, 2006
Hi there. I'm having an issue where I get an svchost.exe.m??? error. I'm not at the computer right now so I cannot post exactly where the error is located but I can tell you a few things about my system, hardware and symptoms.

Specs:
AMD athlon 64 3800+ AM2
Gigabyte MB w/nVidia 590SLI
2xEVGA 7900GT SLI
On-board realtek sound (have an audigy but I'm really impressed with the quility of the on-board and features)
74Gb raptor

First off I'll tell you what I've tried. I've tried re-installing video, audio and chipset drivers. I've been in Driver Cleaner and there's nothing I don't recognize.

Here are my symptoms. The system boots up good and quick. Everything goes well. Programs load ok and I can go about my business as usual. I can be at the computer for 2 minutes or 2 hours before I get that message that pops up with an svcerror.exe asking me to send error info to MS. I believe it to be a true error because I've been researching the error for 3 days now and have no evidence that I've been infected by malware, spyware, a virus or the like.

After I click "Don't Send", the programs I'm already running have their normal respective sounds, teamspeak works ok, wow works ok, etc. The desktop sounds are there, but I have lost volume control both on my keyboard and by clicking the speaker icon in the bottom right. When I try to adjust the volume using the speaker icon I get an error telling me there is no mixer device. WELL WTF?!

So I go into device manager and look at my sound devices and it says the device is working properly. I'm confused....HELP.

=(

I can easily reformat and start fresh but I'd really like to learn waht has happened...I'm always up for learning about my problems before I go and reformat. This computer and install is only about 2 months old.

Thank you in advance.

evecadu

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2006
My guess is that is not sound related at all, this is the consequence of the svchost error, try updating ur xp or look for the latest critical updates, also try to post the error message, I think there's a "more details" button and it shows u which app caused this error (not quite sure of it)

Also try an spyware app, I highly recommmend webroot's, really good

Go to ur event manager (right click "my pc">manage>event manager" and post the information message, it could describe what caused the error

Hope it helpds

echoplex

Distinguished
Jun 22, 2006
My guess is that is not sound related at all, this is the consequence of the svchost error, try updating ur xp or look for the latest critical updates, also try to post the error message, I think there's a "more details" button and it shows u which app caused this error (not quite sure of it)

Also try an spyware app, I highly recommmend webroot's, really good

Go to ur event manager (right click "my pc">manage>event manager" and post the information message, it could describe what caused the error

Hope it helpds

Thank you so much....I'll get right on that and post back the details.

echoplex

Distinguished
Jun 22, 2006
Generic Host Process for Win32 Services has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

C:\DOCUME~1\Dan\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER04d5.dir00\svchost.exe.mdmp
C:\DOCUME~1\Dan\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER04d5.dir00\appcompat.txt

EventType : BEX P1 : svchost.exe P2 : 5.1.2600.2180 P3 : 41107ed6
P4 : netapi32.dll P5 : 5.1.2600.2756 P6 : 432105e7 P7 : 0000a510
P8 : c0000409 P9 : 00000000

This is all of the details it gives me...no more.

Mazzta

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2006
Hi All..
Sorry for asking this again.., buy, i am having the exacly error than Echoplex.., the only difference its that intead the "netapi32.dll" , the one that´s shutting down my sound its called "ntdll.dll" after that, the sound stopped and other functions, like the firewall (of xp) its down too..,

I really don´t know how to fix the problem., i used panda and trend micro antivirus (both online) i have installed the MacAfee 8.0, i have Ewido and Ad-Aware SE, and i can´t find anything at all..,

i don`t know if the same "Fix" that he used, could help me..,??

My system:
Pentium D 3.0 Ghz
1Gb Ram (512 x 2)
300Gb WG Caviar
Evga nVidia 7300LE
On Board Realtek Sound
MB Intel D102GGC2

I will apreciate all the help you can give me..,

Thanks in Advance.,

starman-36

Distinguished
Apr 11, 2009
Does anyone know where this thread went? I have the same issue and would love to follow the thread to get a fix, but no luck so far... PAUL

StephenLee

Distinguished
Nov 30, 2009
1.Copy and Paste Svchost.exe to Locate to the Correct Directory on Your System.

Firstly, if you can not find a copy of svchost.exe in this folder C://WINDOWS/System32 then please use system searching function to find out svchost.exe file on your computer. It must be removed to another location by mistake. After that, copy svchost.exe back to the correct folder C://WINDOWS/System32.

Secondly, if you fail to locate a copy of svchost.exe on your whole computer, I recommend you copy the file from another computer with the same version of Windows operating system to your problem computer. Of course, you can try to re-install the operating system and Svchost.exe errors would be resolved immediately. However, this method would waste your precious time and maybe delete all of the data if you never backup your files.

2.Download System Optimize Tools to Fix Svchost.exe

I quote the methods from this article: http://www.articlesbase.com/information-technology-articles/how-to-fix-svchost-exe-1503187.html

Deepak_01

Distinguished
May 17, 2010
Generic Host for Win32 has stopped working.

szAppName : svchost.exe szAppVer : 5.1.2600.2180 szModName : unknown
szModVer : 0.0.0.0 offset : 00a7ae22
Technical Details:
C:\DOCUME~1\Deepak\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER6378.dir00\svchost.exe.mdmp
C:\DOCUME~1\Deepak\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER6378.dir00\appcompat.txt

If any body could solve the above problem... Pls help.
Whenever I restart my computer it comes and it comes on a regular basis.

From the Start button, go to Run and into the Open box, type cmd /k tasklist /svc then hit Enter. In the black form that follows will be the list of all files related to running instances of SvcHost. Right click anywhere in the form and highlight Select All. Hit Enter to put the entire text into your clipboard then paste it back here so posters can see what's running and, perhaps more importantly, what is not.

G

c:/documents and settings/ administrator>szzAppName : svchost.exe szAppver : 5.1.2600.2180 szModName : unknown

G

Generic Host for Win32 has stopped working.

szAppName : svchost.exe szAppVer : 5.1.2600.2180 szModName : unknown
Technical Details:
C:\DOCUME~1\Deepak\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER6378.dir00\svchost.exe.mdmp

If any body could solve the above problem... Pls help.
Whenever I restart my computer it comes and it comes on a regular basis.

I'd like to see that report file if you don't mind. Please could you please find it then copy and paste it back here? You need to open up Hidden Files and Folders then the full path will be C:\Documents and Settings>Deepak>Local Settings>Temp>appcompat.txt.

Status
Not open for further replies.