Repeated ERROR message

I have recently installed SP2 and since then I have been bombarded with pesky
error messages that read

ERROR 0110423F The service cannot accept control messages at this time: $

I have posted once here and been directed toward a site which offered
detailed instructions about re-installing SP2. It didn't make the problem go
away.

Can anyone help?

Thanks in advance,

Shawn Levy

Shawnlevy <Shawnlevy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I have recently installed SP2 and since then I have been bombarded with pesky
>error messages that read
>
>ERROR 0110423F The service cannot accept control messages at this time: $

Tell us more about when you see this error message, resp. what you do
exactly to reproduce it.

--
(tm)

Thanks for the offer of help.

Turns out I had two computers with the same name on my home network. (Gave
them their names years apart!) Easy fix.

best,

Shawn

Thorsten Matzner Wrote:
> Shawnlevy Shawnlevy@discussions.microsoft.com wrote:
> -
> I have recently installed SP2 and since then I have been bombarded with
> pesky
> error messages that read
>
> ERROR 0110423F The service cannot accept control messages at this time:
> $-
>
> Tell us more about when you see this error message, resp. what you do
> exactly to reproduce it.
>
> --
> (tm)
"what you do exactly to reproduce it."
Answer;
I have recently installed SP2 and since then I have been bombarded with
pesky error messages.

Shawnlevy,
Please post back with your computer configuaration, make & model. What
bios version & drivers you have, what external devices you use. Your
favorite color. Did you get rid of spyware & viruses? (typical
response)

Problem: I keep getting a message saying "ERROR 0110423F The service
cannot accept control messages at this time: $"
Solution: This is probably because you are trying to use the computer.
Switch the computer to OFF mode and any annoying messages will
disappear.

If you have not yet committed suicide, please post back with the
additional information requested.
Treeman

--
Treeman

Shawnlevy Wrote:
> Thanks for the offer of help.
>
> Turns out I had two computers with the same name on my home network.
> (Gave
> them their names years apart!) Easy fix.

Glad to hear you fixed it.
Maybe SP2 and end users are getting closer to compatability after all!
Treeman

--
Treeman

Shawnlevy <Shawnlevy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: