TJ's down again?

"RobertJM" <robert@rockNObottomSPAM.plus.com> wrote in message
news:aoIvc.10437$wI4.1251830@wards.force9.net...
> ^
>
> Kango

Blame me
I just logged for my first quick post work blast in ages and it went tits up
:-(

"Mort <TZW>" <nospam@sweatyhelmet.org> wrote in message

> "RobertJM" <robert@rockNObottomSPAM.plus.com> wrote in message
> > ^
> >
> > Kango
> >

> Blame me
> I just logged for my first quick post work blast in ages and it went tits
up
> :-(
>
> Don't think it was you, web page and news server was down aswell, ok now
though!

Kango

Neg, just checked and its there.

http://tj-www.kicks-ass.org/

"RobertJM" <robert@rockNObottomSPAM.plus.com> wrote in message
> ^
>
> Kango

Im new here - Whats TJ's ???

Domestos

"NedFox <TZW>" <neddy@nowhere.com> wrote in

> Kango: TJ's CTI server was OFF gamespy for a while.. I did something
> wrong preventing it from reporting there. All fine now.
>
> Domestos:
> TJ's (short) is the crew playing for years together on the server TJ
> ran until may 2003. After that I was able to host a good server and a
> little website for him. It's still TJ's but since then a few things
> happened :)
>
> -The complete crew was invited into TZW
> -We put up a test-server for Ballistic-Studios (TJ is one of them) for
> them to test new addons
> -We put up a public CTI server
ah heck it Ned, every time I learn something a new question pops up.

What is Ventrilo? and does it add anything to the game?

TIA

Torchy

It would depends who is on ventrillo at the time .IF it's Riz the game is
totally unplayable because your peeing your pants from laughing too hard

--
WÅTÒÓÇÊ<TZW>
www.timezone-warriors.net

"Torchy" <somewhere@here> wrote in message
> "NedFox <TZW>" <neddy@nowhere.com> wrote in
>
> > Kango: TJ's CTI server was OFF gamespy for a while.. I did something
> > wrong preventing it from reporting there. All fine now.
> >
> > Domestos:
> > TJ's (short) is the crew playing for years together on the server TJ
> > ran until may 2003. After that I was able to host a good server and a
> > little website for him. It's still TJ's but since then a few things
> > happened :)
> >
> > -The complete crew was invited into TZW
> > -We put up a test-server for Ballistic-Studios (TJ is one of them) for
> > them to test new addons
> > -We put up a public CTI server
> ah heck it Ned, every time I learn something a new question pops up.
>
> What is Ventrilo? and does it add anything to the game?
>
> TIA
>
> Torchy

http://www.uncensored-news.com
<><><><><><><><>

Ventrilo is voice-comm, like teamspeak, but FAR better in quality.

V2.11 is on TJ's ftp-server (see website)..

--
-
Jan van Zanten, aka NedFox <TZW>
> "NedFox <TZW>" <neddy@nowhere.com> wrote in
>
> > Kango: TJ's CTI server was OFF gamespy for a while.. I did something
> > wrong preventing it from reporting there. All fine now.
> >
> > Domestos:
> > TJ's (short) is the crew playing for years together on the server TJ
> > ran until may 2003. After that I was able to host a good server and a
> > little website for him. It's still TJ's but since then a few things
> > happened :)
> >
> > -The complete crew was invited into TZW
> > -We put up a test-server for Ballistic-Studios (TJ is one of them) for
> > them to test new addons
> > -We put up a public CTI server
> ah heck it Ned, every time I learn something a new question pops up.
>
> What is Ventrilo? and does it add anything to the game?
>
> TIA
>
> Torchy

http://www.uncensored-news.com
<><><><><><><><>

"Torchy" <somewhere@here> wrote in message
> What is Ventrilo? and does it add anything to the game?

Ventrillo is the "real mans" version of TeamSpeak/Roger Wilco/Battlecom etc.

It gives near perfect quality (better than telephone) and uses VERY LITTLE
bandwidth. It's a small miracle in itself.

The cons with it are that you need to configure a "server" for the clients
to connect to, rather than running a client as a server. However, Ned (and
Xenu sometimes) in their infinite wisdom have provided a permanent always-on
multi-channel Ventrillo server for our use.

And to answer your question, Ventrillo adds EVERYTHING to the game. Since we
have started using Ventrillo, our friendships have certainly grown (and been
tested!) and also it's great fun! Ever wanted to shout, "Enemy at 2
O'clock", or "Fire mission, GO GO GO" - well you can. If you've ever wanted
to shout, "Bóllocks, you should have finished us ages ago!!" you can too.
It's great.

For the premieré experience, get yourself a headset and mic. That way you'll
still be able to hear discussions when using choppers or tanks (engines CAN
be very noisy). I have a logitech usb headset that I got from the
Playstation2 game, SOCOM. It works like a dream.

On the other hand, if you join without Ventrillo - you'll be stuck, cos not
much is said using in game chat!
--

Liddle Feesh
*fap fap fap fap*

> TJ's (private) server is mainly on invitation only

Ohh thats a shame... How do i get an invitation ?

Is there are trail, a bunch of questions etc?

Domestos

1st : Just hop in on Ventrilo to meet us. If you have a high-pitched
youngster voice you'd might have a chat but nothing more. And if you don't
have humor you'd better not join at all LOL...

2nd : Look on TJ's website for the newsserver-info. Get yourself hooked up
there and meet us.
http://tj-www.kicks-ass.org

--
-
"Domestos" <andy.makerdo@virgin.net> schreef in bericht

> > TJ's (private) server is mainly on invitation only
>
> Ohh thats a shame... How do i get an invitation ?
>
> Is there are trail, a bunch of questions etc?
>
> Domestos

Thanks all, looks like a trip to the shops for headset and mike is in
order.

"Torchy" <somewhere@here> wrote in message
> Thanks all, looks like a trip to the shops for headset and mike is in
> order.

Have a wee look on eBay. I recommend getting a usb headset and mic. No
background noise then, just pure digital speech :)

--

Liddle Feesh
*fap fap fap fap*

I hate the around the back of the head type they kill my ears . Spend a
little extra to get ones with large earpads

--
WÅTÒÓÇÊ<TZW>
www.timezone-warriors.net

"Liddle Feesh" <l@f.com> wrote in message
> "Torchy" <somewhere@here> wrote in message
> > Thanks all, looks like a trip to the shops for headset and mike is in
> > order.
>
> Have a wee look on eBay. I recommend getting a usb headset and mic. No
> background noise then, just pure digital speech :)
>

> --
>
> Liddle Feesh
> *fap fap fap fap*
> <>< <>< <>< <>< ><>
> <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <><

> 1st : Just hop in on Ventrilo to meet us. If you have a high-pitched
> youngster voice you'd might have a chat but nothing more. And if you don't
> have humor you'd better not join at all LOL...

:( I tried this already, but I can only downlaod the newest version of
Ventrilo but the IP suggested on TJ's website uses an older version. Can you
forward me a link to where I can download the older version that you are
using...

Before I bother with all this is 28 too young ??

Thanks
Domestos

In article <nmjwc.11077$wI4.1320418@wards.force9.net>,
"Liddle Feesh" <l@f.com> wrote:

> Have a wee look on eBay. I recommend getting a usb headset and mic. No
> background noise then, just pure digital speech :)

I have a Logitech USB headset. The sound is a bit weak as experienced
when talking to you guys.

--
Eddy Young - Remove YOUR CLOTHES before replying to me.

Homepage http://coding.mu/
Fingerprint F5DD 6ABA DBE8 F6D5 B561 D3B9 E76C 5C6B F353 225F

The version on TJ's IS the older version.

ftp://tj-ftp.kicks-ass.org/Utils/ventrilo_2.1.1.exe

--
-

> > 1st : Just hop in on Ventrilo to meet us. If you have a high-pitched
> > youngster voice you'd might have a chat but nothing more. And if you
don't
> > have humor you'd better not join at all LOL...
>

> :( I tried this already, but I can only downlaod the newest version of
> Ventrilo but the IP suggested on TJ's website uses an older version. Can
you
> forward me a link to where I can download the older version that you are
> using...
>
> Before I bother with all this is 28 too young ??
>
> Thanks
> Domestos

Ah Domestos, never realized you didn't have Resistance... After that you'll
probably have to update a LOT of BAS-addons..

--
-
Jan van Zanten, aka NedFox <TZW>
-
A lecture is a process where information is passed from the notebook of the
lecturer to the notebook of the student without necessarily passing through
the minds of either.
-
"Domestos" <andy.makerdo@virgin.net> schreef in bericht

> > 1st : Just hop in on Ventrilo to meet us. If you have a high-pitched
> > youngster voice you'd might have a chat but nothing more. And if you
don't
> > have humor you'd better not join at all LOL...
>

> :( I tried this already, but I can only downlaod the newest version of
> Ventrilo but the IP suggested on TJ's website uses an older version. Can
you
> forward me a link to where I can download the older version that you are
> using...
>
> Before I bother with all this is 28 too young ??
>
> Thanks
> Domestos

Just ordered 'Resistance' from Amazon, should be with you guys by the 9th
June :)) hopefully!!

Domestos

"NedFox <TZW>" <neddy@nowhere.com> wrote in message
> Ah Domestos, never realized you didn't have Resistance... After that
you'll
> probably have to update a LOT of BAS-addons..
>
> --
> -
> Jan van Zanten, aka NedFox <TZW>
> -
> A lecture is a process where information is passed from the notebook of
the
> lecturer to the notebook of the student without necessarily passing
through
> the minds of either.
> -
> "Domestos" <andy.makerdo@virgin.net> schreef in bericht
> >
> > > 1st : Just hop in on Ventrilo to meet us. If you have a high-pitched
> > > youngster voice you'd might have a chat but nothing more. And if you
> don't
> > > have humor you'd better not join at all LOL...
> >

> > :( I tried this already, but I can only downlaod the newest version of
> > Ventrilo but the IP suggested on TJ's website uses an older version. Can
> you
> > forward me a link to where I can download the older version that you are
> > using...
> >
> > Before I bother with all this is 28 too young ??
> >
> > Thanks
> > Domestos

at least who knows what resistance is and didnt have as much trouble
as me getting it.

Wolfy: Do u have Operation Flahpoint: Resistance in?

Experienced Game Manager: Do we have what?

Wolfy: Operation Flashpoint: Resistance

Experienced Game Manager: Is that out yet?

Wolfy: Yes otherwise i wouldnt be asking!

Experienced Game Manager: Sorry we dont have it

Wolfy: Thanks (under my breath) dumbass

5 days later i had it ordered from codemasters. and thats not the only
times when ive had these "know it all computer game experts" give me
totally wrong information about games and releases. i just wanna know
y they said that i wasnt good enough for a job with them. pffft!

"Eddy Young" <jeyoung@priscimon_YOUR_CLOTHES.com> wrote in message
> In article <nmjwc.11077$wI4.1320418@wards.force9.net>,
> "Liddle Feesh" <l@f.com> wrote:
>
> > Have a wee look on eBay. I recommend getting a usb headset and mic. No
> > background noise then, just pure digital speech :)
>
> I have a Logitech USB headset. The sound is a bit weak as experienced
> when talking to you guys.

I have one too, but specially branded for the SOCOM PS2 game.

Are you sure you just haven't calibrated it right? Check your Ventrillo
settings.

--

Liddle Feesh
*fap fap fap fap*

One word - www.play.com

--

Liddle Feesh
*fap fap fap fap*

"Liddle Feesh" <l@f.com> wrote in message news:<YFFwc.11331$wI4.1353942@wards.force9.net>...
> "[RM]Wolfy" <thenomeaningnofx@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > at least who knows what resistance is and didnt have as much trouble
> > as me getting it.
>
> One word - www.play.com

my computer game purchases r always made at gamestation now. they do
really good rates on trading in, and u can trade in anything from
console games to DVD's.