ScareTactic

Distinguished
Apr 10, 2007
Hi All,

This might seem really confusing but i really need help on how to uninstall 2 SLI'd GeForce 7100GS Graphics Cards so i can put in a 8800GTX with a 650w Power Supply.

Im not sure what i need to unistall in my device manager and what i need to remove from my motherboard.

Do i pull out both Graphic's card as well as the the SLI Selector

The SLI slector has 2 side one side says "Duel Card" the other says "Single Card" the duel card is in the motherboard at the moment so do i just turn it over so the sigle card selector side is in the motherboard?

And no one worry i have plenty of room in the computer for the 8800GTX and the 650w power supply is plenty.

Just need to know how to uninstall these shitty 7100GS cards lol!

The selector is ASUS SLI Selector

Hope you expertz out there can help'

i have pics of the set up just dont know how to show them in this forum[/img]

mesarectifier

Distinguished
Mar 26, 2006
First, uninstall your graphics drivers with the SLi setup still installed. Then remove the cards, turn the SLi selector on the motherboard to 'single card' and install the 8800GTX. When the system boots back up, install the drivers from the CD that came with the 8800 and go. You could also update to the latest nV drivers after installing the ones on the CD, too.

Oh, and SLi 7100GS's? Wtf were you thinking!!!

ScareTactic

Distinguished
Apr 10, 2007
Lol yeah no @%#!, i was building a new system and was able to get 2 of them real cheap and my stupid mate who is a "Computer Wiz" says it would run awsome because they would make the graphics memory to 1024, lol now i know memory mean's absolute shit! lol Thanks for the post, Oh and how do i uninstall the drivers? lol really newb question i know

mesarectifier

Distinguished
Mar 26, 2006
I believe there is a piece of software called 'driver cleaner' (OWTTE) which will do the job for you, so just Google that. I'm afraid I haven't used it ever (I haven't upgraded a graphics card in a PC in about 3 years) but have seen it mentioned many times in a positive light on this forum, so I'd say that's the best bet.

That's sort of a 'through-clean' solution, if you just go into control panel and uninstall the nVidia control panel or whatever it is that nV supply these days and continue it should work just fine. Driver Cleaner (or whatever it's called) is mainly used for switching from nV to ATi, where you really don't want the drivers on the same system. However, you're changing from nV to nV so you should be pretty much okay.

ScareTactic

Distinguished
Apr 10, 2007
man you guys rock, thanks for all the help if you have any more tips im willing to hear them.

i will let you know how i go. Thanks

TRENDING THREADS