Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

HELP!! DVI and HDCP issue

Last response: in Home Theatre
Share
Anonymous
November 1, 2004 11:16:09 PM

Archived from groups: alt.tv.tech.hdtv (More info?)

:no

I am trying to connect my DVD input from LG DVD/HDTV tuner/up-converter
to my Hyundai 42" plasma using DVI connection, but it complains of the
HDCP compatability issue. I am thinking my plasma TV's DVI input is
not HDCP compliant (since LG tuner spec. says DVI with HDCP).

In this case, is there any way to use software/hardware add-on to my TV
to make it HDCP compliant? Any possibly way to convert it, so TV is
HDCP compliant?

As long as I can watch DVD movies close to HD quality through DVI
interface, I would be happy (I am not still satisfied with component
connection quality).

HD OTA seems working pretty well with minor indoor antenna adjustment,
but if I am not getting DVD working through DVI, I might return my TV
set (I hate to let go, though.)

Any one out there was able to work out this issue?
Thanks in advance!!

BTW, will DirectTV, Dish, or Voom HDTV receiver put out HD signals with
HDCP on their DVI interfaces? If so, there is no point for me to keep
this TV in case I go with satellite HD, is there? Thanks!


--
ending1
------------------------------------------------------------------------
This message was posted via http://www.satelliteguys.us by ending1

More about : dvi hdcp issue

Anonymous
November 2, 2004 12:03:46 AM

Archived from groups: alt.tv.tech.hdtv (More info?)

On Mon, 1 Nov 2004 20:16:09 -0500, ending1
<ending1.1f2krw@satelliteguys.us> wrote:

>I am trying to connect my DVD input from LG DVD/HDTV tuner/up-converter
>to my Hyundai 42" plasma using DVI connection, but it complains of the
>HDCP compatability issue. I am thinking my plasma TV's DVI input is
>not HDCP compliant (since LG tuner spec. says DVI with HDCP).
>
>In this case, is there any way to use software/hardware add-on to my TV
>to make it HDCP compliant? Any possibly way to convert it, so TV is
>HDCP compliant?

AFAIK, there is no way to do this.

>As long as I can watch DVD movies close to HD quality through DVI
>interface, I would be happy (I am not still satisfied with component
>connection quality).

Component is the only route.

>HD OTA seems working pretty well with minor indoor antenna adjustment,
>but if I am not getting DVD working through DVI, I might return my TV
>set (I hate to let go, though.)
>
>BTW, will DirectTV, Dish, or Voom HDTV receiver put out HD signals with
>HDCP on their DVI interfaces? If so, there is no point for me to keep
>this TV in case I go with satellite HD, is there? Thanks!

I believe that all new and current DVI outputs are HDCP-compliant. If
you cannot live with composite, you will have to change the TV sooner
or later.

Kal
Anonymous
November 2, 2004 8:34:38 AM

Archived from groups: alt.tv.tech.hdtv (More info?)

Kalman Rubinson <kr4@nyu.edu> wrote in message news:<8iqdo0pp54j69t9qsa2hf5guu2jpgcc2ii@4ax.com>...
> On Mon, 1 Nov 2004 20:16:09 -0500, ending1
> <ending1.1f2krw@satelliteguys.us> wrote:
>
> >I am trying to connect my DVD input from LG DVD/HDTV tuner/up-converter
> >to my Hyundai 42" plasma using DVI connection, but it complains of the
> >HDCP compatability issue. I am thinking my plasma TV's DVI input is
> >not HDCP compliant (since LG tuner spec. says DVI with HDCP).
> >
> >In this case, is there any way to use software/hardware add-on to my TV
> >to make it HDCP compliant? Any possibly way to convert it, so TV is
> >HDCP compliant?
>
> AFAIK, there is no way to do this.
>
> >As long as I can watch DVD movies close to HD quality through DVI
> >interface, I would be happy (I am not still satisfied with component
> >connection quality).
>
> Component is the only route.
>
> >HD OTA seems working pretty well with minor indoor antenna adjustment,
> >but if I am not getting DVD working through DVI, I might return my TV
> >set (I hate to let go, though.)
> >
> >BTW, will DirectTV, Dish, or Voom HDTV receiver put out HD signals with
> >HDCP on their DVI interfaces? If so, there is no point for me to keep
> >this TV in case I go with satellite HD, is there? Thanks!
>
> I believe that all new and current DVI outputs are HDCP-compliant. If
> you cannot live with composite, you will have to change the TV sooner
> or later.
>
> Kal

And it's unlikely you will notice a difference between DVI and
component anyway, so I wouldn't get upset.
Anonymous
November 2, 2004 5:18:48 PM

Archived from groups: alt.tv.tech.hdtv (More info?)

"ending1" <ending1.1f2krw@satelliteguys.us> wrote in message
news:ending1.1f2krw@satelliteguys.us...
>
> :no
>
> I am trying to connect my DVD input from LG DVD/HDTV tuner/up-converter
> to my Hyundai 42" plasma using DVI connection, but it ...

IT... which it... the TV or the LG LST 5310?

I have the LG LST 3510 also, and almost gave up on the DVI connection as
well, until I read the book...
I'm at work and the set is at home, but be sure to do the set-up for the LG
properly... It's tricky be sure to push the button to 'set' the
configuration... that's where I kept missing up, but after the LG is setup,
it works remarkabely well! DVD's in 1080i are ... well only one word will
describe the quality... "WOW", now repeat that about 1000 times...

I have a 27" Samsung LCD and this is set up in the bedroom... can I say that
is the only place I watch tv anymore.

Van Helsing was absolutely unbeleivable, as well as Kill Bill Vol 2.
Haven't done much DVD watching tho, as I've been hung on broadcast OTA HD
quality on CSI, Las Vegas, Law & Order, MNF, and the Sunday ball games just
to name a few. I had Charter HD for one week, and dropped them and bought
the LG. I'm really glad I did as they did not carry CBS HD. I kept basic
cable so I can continue getting my poker fix tho.



>...complains of the
> HDCP compatability issue. I am thinking my plasma TV's DVI input is
> not HDCP compliant (since LG tuner spec. says DVI with HDCP).
>
> In this case, is there any way to use software/hardware add-on to my TV
> to make it HDCP compliant? Any possibly way to convert it, so TV is
> HDCP compliant?
>
> As long as I can watch DVD movies close to HD quality through DVI
> interface, I would be happy (I am not still satisfied with component
> connection quality).
>
> HD OTA seems working pretty well with minor indoor antenna adjustment,
> but if I am not getting DVD working through DVI, I might return my TV
> set (I hate to let go, though.)
>
> Any one out there was able to work out this issue?
> Thanks in advance!!
>
> BTW, will DirectTV, Dish, or Voom HDTV receiver put out HD signals with
> HDCP on their DVI interfaces? If so, there is no point for me to keep
> this TV in case I go with satellite HD, is there? Thanks!
>
>
> --
> ending1
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> This message was posted via http://www.satelliteguys.us by ending1
>
>
!