GP

Distinguished
May 22, 2004

I have new PC amd 2800, 512 ram and onboard sound/video

the video works but there is no sound.
the speakers are on with power and jack plugged in back 'gree hole'
I goto sounds in control panel, change to windows default and nothing.
i cant click on play button to test a sound, disabled. volume is up and
volume tab says no audio.

what do i do?

Hi,

Sounds like you need to install the sound card drivers. Did you recently
reinstall the system?

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"gp" <grum@invalid> wrote in message
>I have new PC amd 2800, 512 ram and onboard sound/video
>
> the video works but there is no sound.
> the speakers are on with power and jack plugged in back 'gree hole'
> I goto sounds in control panel, change to windows default and nothing.
> i cant click on play button to test a sound, disabled. volume is up and
> volume tab says no audio.
>
> what do i do?

GP

Distinguished
May 22, 2004

"gp" <grum@invalid> wrote in message
> I have new PC amd 2800, 512 ram and onboard sound/video
>
> the video works but there is no sound.
> the speakers are on with power and jack plugged in back 'gree hole'
> I goto sounds in control panel, change to windows default and nothing.
> i cant click on play button to test a sound, disabled. volume is up and
> volume tab says no audio.
>
> what do i do?

I am getting there are no active devices available, where can i install
these

GP

Distinguished
May 22, 2004

> Hi,
>
> Sounds like you need to install the sound card drivers. Did you recently
> reinstall the system?
>
> --
> Best of Luck,

> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
>
> "gp" <grum@invalid> wrote in message
> >I have new PC amd 2800, 512 ram and onboard sound/video
> >
> > the video works but there is no sound.
> > the speakers are on with power and jack plugged in back 'gree hole'
> > I goto sounds in control panel, change to windows default and nothing.
> > i cant click on play button to test a sound, disabled. volume is up and
> > volume tab says no audio.
> >
> > what do i do?

yes I did install dirivers and it works now thanks,

I have problem with the text is slightly faded compared to last PC. tries
brightness/contrast to no avail and different displays.....must be just weak