text

April 16, 2005 12:09:22 AM

my new onboard video displays text a little too light and grainy compared
with my last PC.
how can I get text darker.
I have tried contrast/brightness

I have amd2800 and winXP,

More about : text

Anonymous
April 16, 2005 12:09:23 AM

On Fri, 15 Apr 2005 20:09:22 +1000, gp wrote:

> my new onboard video displays text a little too light and grainy compared
> with my last PC.
> how can I get text darker.
> I have tried contrast/brightness
>
> I have amd2800 and winXP,

Some display adapters and some monitors are better at displaying screen
fonts than others. Things you can try to improve the appearance:

-Try a different desktop size: one size smaller may smooth out the fonts
enough that they are not washed out or blocky/spotty.
-Find and install updated display drivers.
-Display properties> Appearance> Effects: If not already checked, mark the
box next to "use the following method to smooth edges of screen fonts."
Choose from standard and clear type. Suggest trying standard first. If no
improvement, try clear type.
-If clear type helps but is a little too "heavy" for your liking, you can
fine tune to lighten it up a bit. Tuning can be done online or you can
download the tuner (available as a power toy).

Online tuner:
http://www.microsoft.com/typography/ClearTypeInfo.mspx

Power toy tuner:
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloads/powertoys/...

--
Sharon F
MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User

"gp" <grum@invalid> wrote in message
> my new onboard video displays text a little too light and grainy compared
> with my last PC.
> how can I get text darker.
> I have tried contrast/brightness
>
> I have amd2800 and winXP,