Status
Not open for further replies.

greensalsa18

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2011
Hey everyone, i just wanted to help the community by warning everyone how BAD Newegg's customer service is. I recently built my own PC, and got all my stuff from Newegg. Everything was perfectly fine, until my PSU turned out to be faulty. When i tried to return the part, they denied my return on the grounds that i was missing the outer retail box. I included everything except the outer retail box (because I made the mistake of throwing it away). I know this is a simple mistake, but to deny a product return simply because the retail box was missing is absurd- what are they going to re sell a faulty part? So just an FYI, Neweggs customer service is absolutely terrible-especially their return policies (which are written in extremely small letters at the bottom of their emails). Dont buy from Newegg, other stores have very competitive prices and way way better service. I mean no harm, just trying to help the community out and prevent someone from making the same mistakes I made.

AbdullahG

Distinguished
Their policy clearly states you must have original packaging to return it. It's on their site. TigerDirect does this, NCIX does this, and I believe Amazon does as well. I believe it is required to return the product to the product manufacturers. Lesson for us all: keep the product retail package. Put it in a closet or somewhere where you have room. It's a common mistake and we learn from them. Try contacting the manufacturer for help, rather than Newegg.

the vast majority of e-tailers and b&m retailers want the original packaging and all parts included for a return. certain exceptions may be made when a device is faulty and is under a certain age. non-boxed returns may still be accepted but are often store-credit or replacement only.

hard to call wolf on neweggs service when you failed to read the rules.

you live, you learn.

Status
Not open for further replies.