8800gts 640MB or 8800gts 320MB

what do you think of gainward's video cards?

I have a dilema, go for the 8800gts 320 MB golden sample, with 1760 Mhz (ddr3) and 550 mhz gpu?
or
8800gts 640MB with 1600 Mhz (ddr3) and 500 Mhz gpu?????????/

which one?
30
answers
Last reply
More about 8800gts 640mb 8800gts 320mb
  1. Quote:
    what do you think of gainward's video cards?

    I have a dilema, go for the 8800gts 320 MB golden sample, with 1760 Mhz (ddr3) and 550 mhz gpu?
    or
    8800gts 640MB with 1600 Mhz (ddr3) and 500 Mhz gpu?????????/

    which one?


    Does this have to happen now? Can't wait two weeks to see how R600 performs and how it costs?
  2. it cant wait because in my country the r600 will be around in 3 to 4 months after USA, and at double the price.
    so, yes I need an answer now.
    thank you!
  3. Quote:
    it cant wait because in my country the r600 will be around in 3 to 4 months after USA, and at double the price.
    so, yes I need an answer now.
    thank you!


    Fair enough. What is the price difference between them? If I were shopping, I'd go for the 320mb version. It's a little higher clocked, too.
  4. Quote:
    it cant wait because in my country the r600 will be around in 3 to 4 months after USA, and at double the price.
    so, yes I need an answer now.
    thank you!


    Fair enough. What is the price difference between them? If I were shopping, I'd go for the 320mb version. It's a little higher clocked, too.


    about 50 bucks but I must know how much performance is afected with just half the memory . this is for gamig to but the main interest is for software for arhitechcs, sort of.
  5. Look at the EVGA 8800GT KO ACS 320MB it has 588mhz and outperforms pretty much all the 640MB cards atm except for at VERY HIGH resolution

    the card is Very good quality and is fairly cheap ~300 US

    The higher Clock speeds on the 320MB card will give you MUCH better performance at resolutions around 1600 x 1200 than a regular 640MB

    i would go with an OC"D 320MB version

    Check out the card i posted above
  6. Quote:
    Look at the EVGA 8800GT KO ACS 320MB it has 588mhz and outperforms pretty much all the 640MB cards atm except for at VERY HIGH resolution

    the card is Very good quality and is fairly cheap ~300 US


    I know the EVGAs are very good, but unfortuntely they canot be found in my country
  7. Order online for one and get it shipped in.. shipping shouldn't cost more than $30
  8. Quote:
    Order online for one and get it shipped in.. shipping shouldn't cost more than $30


    that takes a lot of time, I need one in the next 2 days , and I dont have a credit card and even if a had sites from other countrys are reluctant to sell to those like me , bad renown , and it is still the time pressure, I really need it right away. so the EVGA is out of the question.
  9. What resolutions will you be running at?
  10. 1600 - 1200 and more
  11. Quote:
    1600 - 1200 and more


    Get the 640 version. No contest.
  12. hey we both are from Romania and it's kind of a mistake to say Ati x2900xtx won't appear soon in our country..Remember when 8800GTX appeared, in 2 days our local shop Itdirect was the first shop in eastern europe to bring 8800.And don't worry it won't cost double, just 15-20 bucks more.wait for ATI and then think again

    PS what do you mean we don't have EVGA 8800 320OC?? you are kiddin right? check this out http://www.senorg.ro/shop/Placi-video---c10.html
  13. Quote:
    hey we both are from Romania and it's kind of a mistake to say Ati x2900xtx won't appear soon in our country..Remember when 8800GTX appeared, in 2 days our local shop Itdirect was the first shop in eastern europe to bring 8800.And don't worry it won't cost double, just 15-20 bucks more.wait for ATI and then think again


    The man says he needs it within 2 days. As cool as Romania may be, I seriously doubt you'll be able to get a x2900xt within the alotted timeframe.
  14. I thought this was the CPU section of the forum.
  15. Quote:
    I thought this was the CPU section of the forum.


    Oh shit, we've pissed off the forum Nazis. We better get the hell out of Poland.
  16. i tell you..Romania is NOT Cool, trust me :) but he can find Evga BFG Gainward and every other model in our city if he just looks around
  17. Yeah you got me. I'm real mad. Not.

    Anyways, just pointing out that this shouldn't be in this section. It should be posted in another section. If not, what is the point in the other sections? Might as well delete them all and have everything posted in CPU section. That would make a lot of sense. :roll:
  18. Quote:
    Oh ****, we've pissed off the forum Nazis. We better get the hell out of Poland.

    LMAO
  19. He's just mad he sucks at the internet.
  20. Quote:
    hey we both are from Romania and it's kind of a mistake to say Ati x2900xtx won't appear soon in our country..Remember when 8800GTX appeared, in 2 days our local shop Itdirect was the first shop in eastern europe to bring 8800.And don't worry it won't cost double, just 15-20 bucks more.wait for ATI and then think again

    PS what do you mean we don't have EVGA 8800 320OC?? you are kiddin right? check this out http://www.senorg.ro/shop/Placi-video---c10.html


    deci, bfg am gasit, gainward il stiu de ani de zile, dar evga nu am gasit inca la noi, plus ca linkul tau nu merge. mda poate ca firma aia o fi fost prima care a adus in europa de est pe 8800 dar cate a adus? si cat costau, nu cred ca era doar o diferentza de 1 milion cum spui tu, e de ajuns sa te uitzi si acum la pretzurile procesoarelor ore 2 duo sa vezi ca sunt cu aproximativ 100 de dolari peste ceea ce pot americanii sa cumpere de la newegg.
  21. prescot !! sal man ... am gasit un romanas pacia .. te stiu de pe iplay miam luat ban ca un ratat ....
    english : the 640 mb i think that is good for > 1280X1024 - 1600x1200
  22. ok ok i'll PM each of you, we should only speak in english here
  23. because you dont know romanian, you ought to know romanian. :lol: :lol:
  24. Doesn't Romania pirate like all of its software? Maybe the answer is inventing a machine to pirate hardware!
  25. right i guess it's true what they say other people have a bad impression of us.it's not our fault..our 2 cents of a salary, we can't afford genuine software and and stuff.i myself have genuine windows xp ( big mistake) and other programs of which im proud of.
    sorry about offtopic

    @deceneu man i think u try senorg.ro again , and make a choice between BFG and EVGA..you can also consider XFX
  26. If you ever want to SLI then get the 640 meg version.
  27. Quote:
    But wouldn't a single r600/8900gtx be the better choice then sli?


    Maybe...but that wasn't his question and I doubt he'll be getting one of those in the next two days...
  28. Quote:
    Doesn't Romania pirate like all of its software? Maybe the answer is inventing a machine to pirate hardware!



    good point! perhaps somebody will invent a machine to pirate hardware, and when that happens we will steal that too. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
  29. I have a transporter available for rent please send 1000US and you will have it in no time :D. Damn pirates.
  30. long live the pirates! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs DDR3 Graphics Cards GPUs