Kenny

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2001

I would like to print a list of a folder in IE Favourites. No problem
exporting them to Bookmark file but many of them are in the form:

..HRdiemen

whereas the actual addresss is:

http://www.hrdiemen.es/eng/aol/cdrom.htm

I need to print a list of the actual addresses, not the shortened form.
Opening the saved Bookmark file in IE then "Select All" then Copy and Paste
into MS Word or Notepad only copies the first on the list, not all of them.
I could do each individually but am hoping there's an easier way.
I hope it's clear what I mean and what I want to do, a printable list of IE
Favourites.

--

Kenny Cargill

pop

Open IE, select File, |Import and Export...
Just follow the instructions. It will create a folder called bookmark.htm.
Open that file with IE, select View | Source and it'll show you all the
URLs. Then you can simply use File Print, Save, whatever, from that window.

Also:
Favorites is simply a folder on your computer; you can search for it and
find one for each user on the computer.

HTH,
POP

--
Let someone else do it
I'm retired!

Kenny wrote:
> I would like to print a list of a folder in IE Favourites. No problem
> exporting them to Bookmark file but many of them are in the form:
>
> .HRdiemen
>
> whereas the actual addresss is:
>
> http://www.hrdiemen.es/eng/aol/cdrom.htm
>
> I need to print a list of the actual addresses, not the shortened
> form. Opening the saved Bookmark file in IE then "Select All" then
> Copy and Paste into MS Word or Notepad only copies the first on the
> list, not all of them. I could do each individually but am hoping
> there's an easier way. I hope it's clear what I mean and what I want to
> do, a printable list
> of IE Favourites.

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=237954

Notice that when you open the bookmark file and select print, your OPTIONS
(may be a separate tab) will have a checkbox for "Print table of links" -
which you will want to check unless your links all have names completely
representing where they actually go (http://blah.blah.com/) - this will
print what you see as well as a table below it with the actual link
addresses.

--
<- Shenan ->

Kenny

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2001

Thanks for the replies. The "Print table of links" appeared to be what I
wanted but when I tried it the right hand side was cut off although I had
checked "scale to fit paper in device" in printer properties.
--

Kenny Cargill

> Kenny wrote:
>> I would like to print a list of a folder in IE Favourites. No problem
>> exporting them to Bookmark file but many of them are in the form:
>>
>> .HRdiemen
>>
>> whereas the actual addresss is:
>>
>> http://www.hrdiemen.es/eng/aol/cdrom.htm
>>
>> I need to print a list of the actual addresses, not the shortened
>> form. Opening the saved Bookmark file in IE then "Select All" then
>> Copy and Paste into MS Word or Notepad only copies the first on the
>> list, not all of them. I could do each individually but am hoping
>> there's an easier way. I hope it's clear what I mean and what I want to
>> do, a printable list
>> of IE Favourites.
>
> http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=237954
>
> Notice that when you open the bookmark file and select print, your OPTIONS
> (may be a separate tab) will have a checkbox for "Print table of links" -
> which you will want to check unless your links all have names completely
> representing where they actually go (http://blah.blah.com/) - this will
> print what you see as well as a table below it with the actual link
> addresses.
>
> --
> <- Shenan ->

C:\Documents and Settings\David Candy\Favorites\AGIMO Style Manual.url http://www.agimo.gov.au/information/publishing/style_manual
C:\Documents and Settings\David Candy\Favorites\Australian Government, Department of Defence, Public Affairs & Corporate Communication.url http://www.defence.gov.au/publications/dfj/index.cfm

C:\Documents and Settings\David Candy\Favorites>for /r %A in (*.*) do cscript //
nologo "C:\Documents and Settings\David Candy\Desktop\FindHotkey.vbs" "%A" >> "%
userprofile%\desktop\Favourite List.txt"

on error resume next
set WshShell = WScript.CreateObject("WScript.Shell")
Dim A
Dim Ag
Set Ag=Wscript.Arguments
If Ag.Count > 0 then
For x = 0 to Ag.Count -1
A = A & Ag(x)
Next
End If
Set FSO = CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject")
f=FSO.GetFile(A)
set lnk = WshShell.CreateShortcut(A)
If lnk.hotkey <> "" then
wscript.echo A & vbtab & lnk.TargetPath
End If

On Fri, 15 Apr 2005 18:04:26 +0100, Kenny wrote:

> Thanks for the replies. The "Print table of links" appeared to be what I
> wanted but when I tried it the right hand side was cut off although I had
> checked "scale to fit paper in device" in printer properties.

If the text won't rescale properly, try printing the table in Landscape
mode.

--
Sharon F
MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User