Help!!! Down with gates!

drappendix

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2006
hey, whenever i start my computer up everthing starts up fie and i logon ok but when i get in the start bar and all the applications and services that are suppose to start do not star. they only start after i go ctl+alt+del and go into cmd and "start" a few windows programes(ie explorer......etc.) how would i find out what is going on on it startup. i already cleared any unwanted programs from startup. is there a program or programs that can analyze windows componets for this problem and other just in general. or just for this issue. please respond this is very annoying.

dmroeder

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2005
I'm going to go out on a limb and say that it's not Gates' fault, but more of an operator error.

Check for spyware/virus' first.

The exact same thing happend to a friend of mine recently. Long story short, I ended up doing a repair install and a virus scan to get rid of the virus.

Not to be a jerk, but typing please respond is also annoying. The only time I have seen posts that go unanswered is when they are too painful to read.

I'm curious to hear back if you ended up with a virus since you symptoms sound the same as the PC that I just finished working on.

riser

Illustrious
Get into your computer, go to Start - Run and type MSCONFIG. Click Ok.
Go to the Start Up tab.
Disable all.
Restart.
Does the problem still exist?

If not, its something you have starting up with your computer - a program. Go back to that Start Up tab and look through it carefully. Look for anything that doesn't look legit or something odd that doesn't have a directory you recognize.