Pygmollion

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2007
I just can't put into contex how small a 65 nm transistor is... I mean its not like I could pry off the IHS and put it under a microscope and repair these things with a needle or something right??

Phanboy

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2007
I just can't put into contex how small a 65 nm transistor is... I mean its not like I could pry off the IHS and put it under a microscope and repair these things with a needle or something right??

No, you can't touch 'em unless you have a FIB (focused ion beam).

Wikipedia link for JumpingJack:
FIB

PB

Pygmollion

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2007
You need a fricken beam ??? 8O The only reason I ask this cause is I want to pry apart the proc in my sig and see why it never goes below 54 degrees C..... its irritatin me! lol :D

Pygmollion

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2007
I just now read the wiki link...

"Unlike an electron microscope, the FIB is inherently destructive to the specimen"......

I didn't want to destroy it! I just wanted to fiddle wif it lololol

Thanks for the link

CaptRobertApril

Distinguished
Dec 5, 2006
Yeah, actually I think that poking around a CPU's innards with a needle tip which is several dozen times larger than the transistor itself could be quite useful in finding out why it overheats. Much more effective than upgrading your HSF and properly applying thermal paste. :roll:

CaptRobertApril

Distinguished
Dec 5, 2006
:lol: id imagine theres a whole lot you adore fiddling with :lol:

I've got this vision of Hector in the Tunisian desert with a lupe in one hand and a soldering iron in the other doing some last minute rewiring of the Barcy before the demo... :lol:

Pygmollion

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2007
Yeah, actually I think that poking around a CPU's innards with a needle tip which is several dozen times larger than the transistor itself could be quite useful in finding out why it overheats. Much more effective than upgrading your HSF and properly applying thermal paste. :roll:
Upgraded to an after market HSF.... DIDIT... Reapplying AS5 about 7 times... my last application should be PERFECT DIDIT... DIDIT DIDIT DIDIT DIDIT all... Its just Thouroughbred B I suppose *shrugs*

Pygmollion

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2007
......I just had a revelation... I think its my Raidmax case....I might not be extricating the heat fast enough...... DOH!

And you started this thread
"Not to be stupid..."
enough said...

I bought this case in like............ 2001?? It came with 4 fans I thought it was good 'nuff :roll:

Pygmollion

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2007
So I can be completely confident in the C.O.P thingy.. it hasn't been triggered yet... no reboots.. Can anyone vouch on the C.O.P doing what it really is supposed to do?? You know how old these nForce2 chipsets are.....

babaghan

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2007

FIB

PB

I just happen to have a focused ion beam pistol in my back pocket - very useful for cutting soft cheese. Anyone care to borrow it? :D

Pygmollion

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2007

FIB

PB

I just happen to have a focused ion beam pistol in my back pocket - very useful for cutting soft cheese. Anyone care to borrow it? :D Ugh... another tasteless joke... you want my fromunda cheese huh??

FIB

PB

I just happen to have a focused ion beam pistol in my back pocket - very useful for cutting soft cheese. Anyone care to borrow it? :D Ugh... another tasteless joke... you want my fromunda cheese huh?? OK, so we cant see em. So what happens if, say you have a gazillion of em? Enuff to fill your hand? What would they then look like? And what color would they be? heheh