Please help. Need to know if HSF will fit on mobo.

glupee

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2007
Hi, I have an asus m2n sli deluxe mobo and i want to attach a thermalright 120 heatsink on it. I'm hoping that someone out there has this configuration or tried it and knows if it works.

The m2n sli deluxe has fanless chipset cooling fixture that might block the thermalright 120, but this heat sink does sit pretty high on cooling pipes so it may just clear it or touch it a bit (which i can't see as being too big of an issue)

so yeah if any one out there has tried this please let me know.. i'll measure when i get home, but that won't be for a couple of days :(

Jake_Barnes

Splendid
wow i posted this a long time ago, and i still haven't gotten it :cry:
i will soon tho, in any case if anyone else was wondering the answer is yes, it will fit on an m2n sli dlx.

http://customerpics.xoxide.com/viewimages.php?sku=130922&id=58

In that photo, the HS and fan are pointing up. Is that what you want? Personally, I'd prefer a HS/fan configuration that is front->rear ... creating the "wind tunnel" effect - blowing the hot air towards the rear exhaust fan. I'd be uncomfortable with that bottom to top installation. Seems it could interfere with "best" airflow.

glupee

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2007
it's not my rig, just a pic with i found to answer my question.
Although i do agree with you about the front -> rear placement, but i doubt that that will fit as it may interfere with the vid card.
I have the p180, which has a top exhaust so that would definately help with the flow. I would have to place the heatsink the same way, but i wouldn't place the fan on the bottom i'd place it on the top as to have direct flow from from heatsink to exhaust and not blow hot air on my vid card :wink: