Sign in with
Your question

Benq DVD Drive keeps freezing, any suggestions!!??

Tags:
  • BenQ
  • DVD Drives
  • Components
Last response: in Components
April 11, 2007 8:16:59 PM

HI,

I just built a system:

Gigabyte S3
E4300
DDR2 800 OCZ Platinum
Benq DVD Drive
Maxtor 300GB HDD

Everything is working great on this system so far. Have it overclocked to 3Ghz with no issues.

However my DVD burner has really been acting up lately and I am confused as to why this is happening. It burns DVDs fine and never has botched a job. However sometimes after burning it stops communicating with the computer and wont even let me eject the disk. I have to restart the computer in order to eject the disk or use the drive in any way.

Any suggestions??

Thank you

More about : benq dvd drive freezing suggestions

April 12, 2007 2:57:22 AM

Hi,

I havent really stress tested it when its not OCed. Could that cause a problem?? Right now I have my memory speed at its rated 800 DDR2 so the FSB is 300 with a 2.66 divider. I had it at 320 before which put my memory at 850 or so..but I didnt notice the difference even when I dropped it down a bit. I will unoverclock it and see if the problem goes away.

Guess Im wondering if there is a problem with the northbridge when it OC's so that it loses communication with the DVD drive. But shouldnt the Ultra ATA(133Mhz) be fixed anywyas...I mean the OC shouldnt affect that value right? So if it is an OC prob its got to be the northbridge??

Anyways just curious really. Thanks for the relply.
!