R600 - not exactly 'green' tech

Posting about high end cards not being 'GREEN' is about as st00pid as talking about integrated graphics for playing Oblivion on a 30" DELL LCD. :roll:

If you want GreenTech then buy a VIA EDEN CPU, on a VIA MoBo, with VIA integrated graphics, the whole things is less than 10W.

Seriously, next you're gonna be like that other dumbA$$ who talked about Environmentally friendly energy conservation in the same post he's talking about running SLi !! :roll:

Seriously who cares if it's 185W like the G80 or 200W like th R600 as long as they perform well for the price?

Take it easy there Ape. :wink:

Well C'mon, I am GREEN, and I do care, but I'm realistic about it, so seeing posts like this just make me GREEN LIKE HULK !! :mrgreen:

I understand efficiency, but really he should be focusing on the low and mid-range efficiencies, because the high end still remains efficient if you compare perfromance per watt to previous generations. Sure 200W may seem like alot, but if it's twice as fast as the X1800XT, then it's a positive leap, but few people consider that. And for raw efficiency these aren't the answer of course.

Just seems pretty easy for people to talk about power fficiency when really this market segment would trade 10-50W for 10% more performance without question.

Vash-HT

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2006
Posting about high end cards not being 'GREEN' is about as st00pid as talking about integrated graphics for playing Oblivion on a 30" DELL LCD. :roll:

If you want GreenTech then buy a VIA EDEN CPU, on a VIA MoBo, with VIA integrated graphics, the whole things is less than 10W.

Seriously, next you're gonna be like that other dumbA$$ who talked about Environmentally friendly energy conservation in the same post he's talking about running SLi !! :roll:

Seriously who cares if it's 185W like the G80 or 200W like th R600 as long as they perform well for the price?

I feel the same way man. Everyone seems to complain about stupid crap like this nowadays. I personally don't care that much as long as it shows performace for the power its sucking down.