R600 Exposed Pics

I loves me that HELLBOY motif, if they throw one of those in with every purchase I might buy one for that alone.

Then I need yours and the Gang's help to figure out how to make it work in Laptop. I got vicegrips and silver solder !! :twisted:

Aids

Distinguished
May 16, 2004
Damn that is a massive card. I'm pretty sure the turbo on my eclipse would fit nice and tight on that card, i think liquid cooling is in store for this thing if i ever get my hands on it.

prozac26

Distinguished
May 9, 2005
Then I need yours and the Gang's help to figure out how to make it work in Laptop. I got vicegrips and silver solder !! :twisted:
hmmm..

:lol:

OK, you can put the card on your laptop, then bake it, and they will melt together, and fit like they were meant for each other.

wormy

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2006
wow that thing is the size of this huge video editting card my dad use to use in his computer back in 1994!!!

DJ_Jumbles

Distinguished
Feb 28, 2007
lol... they did make sure to make it longer than the 8800... knew it would come down to length!!! :lol:
Now... I've seen it for the 3rd time... BRING ON THE BENCHES!!!

Anyone know if these are going to come with integrated cooling options like the g80's?

sirheck

Splendid
Feb 24, 2006
I loves me that HELLBOY motif, if they throw one of those in with every purchase I might buy one for that alone.

dont forget the b.f.h. :p

human_error

Distinguished
Dec 22, 2006
Why do they need the last inch or two of black plastic past the cooler?

To make it too big for my case, so i have to go with a more expensive retail version instead of the oem. :?

Maybe it's for holding the card during installation or maybe it's part of a cable managment or in-case securing design some of the OEM customers have requested...

I wanna see piccies of the retail versions, and some benchies...-

00h00m

Distinguished
Aug 8, 2006
That makes sense that they would have a way of securing it into the case on the tail end. The torque that PCI-E slot would incur during a standard UPS trip could be troublesome for outfits like Dell.

It is good to see this thing may hit the market soon.

tehrobzorz

Distinguished
Jul 30, 2006
i thought the oem one was meant to have a bigger cooler thus needing the extra support from the back? cause the oems want a cooler card to put in than a regular cooled one..

enewmen

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2005
wow that thing is the size of this huge video editting card my dad use to use in his computer back in 1994!!!
This reminds me of the orginal Targa card in 1984 (this is even before the Amiga). It can draw a 3D image at 320x240x16 bit color. Wow. There was also a photoshop type program (I forget the name). It was made for high-end video editing. If you don't know the price, you can't afford it.

r0x0r

Distinguished
May 9, 2006
hmmm..

:lol:

OK, you can put the card on your laptop, then bake it, and they will melt together, and fit like they were meant for each other.

ASUS XG Station. Much easier than baking. :wink: Dunno if the card will fit though.

ASUS XG station would be terrible for the R600, the XG station only has 1 PCIe lane, pretty much crippling the card.

If anything I'd wait for the AMD LASSO solution, because on the XG, the R600 would function like the MRX2600/GGO8600 I plan on having in it anyways.

enewmen

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2005
I think you're thinking about Video Toaster. Best app for the Amiga, and took a long time for it to be replaced by other apps once the Amiga died.
I really did mean the Tagra.
Does THIS look BIG enough?? Eh?
The link is a fairly new model. I was talking about a 1980s model in my last post. (this was long before the Amiga & Video Toaster)

AT&T formed the Electronic Photography and Imaging Center (EPIC) in 1984 to
create PC-based videographic products. In the following year they released
the TARGA video adapter for personal computers. This allowed PC users for
the first time to display and work with 32-bit color images on the screen.
EPIC also published the TGA Targa file format for storing these true color
images.
http://www.cs.cmu.edu/~ph/nyit/morrison/1980s.txt

BTW, those RAM chips are 1100mhz GDDR4;

0601ef24713c778f8869234c6efc3a1f.jpg

http://www.samsung.com/Products/Sem.../GDDR4SDRAM/512Mbit/K4U52324QE/K4U52324QE.htm

DJ_Jumbles

Distinguished
Feb 28, 2007
I think you're thinking about Video Toaster. Best app for the Amiga, and took a long time for it to be replaced by other apps once the Amiga died.
Here I have to agree 100%... remember MOD files? Best sound then and I bet that some could still hold up now (I know, I know.. only 4 channels, or did they have 8 by the end of it?). Strange thing how old technology sometimes is the best still available, eh?