Need help to choose good Heatsink

HI everyone! i just need some help regarding to choose a good heatsink for LGA775. I have a list of heatsink which i can buy here in my area and justwant to know which one is better.

THERMALTAKE:
-CPU FAN THERMALTAKE TMG I1 S775
-CPU FAN TT RUBY ORB

ZALMANTECH
-CPU FAN ZALMAN CNPS7700-AlCu
-CPU FAN ZALMAN CNPS8000 LOW PROFILE

ASUS
-CPU FAN ASUS V-NARDO S775

Or if any suggestion, what is it?
Thanks guys
8 answers Last reply
More about need choose good heatsink
  1. Quote:
    HI everyone! i just need some help regarding to choose a good heatsink for LGA775. I have a list of heatsink which i can buy here in my area and justwant to know which one is better.

THERMALTAKE:
    -CPU FAN THERMALTAKE TMG I1 S775
    -CPU FAN TT RUBY ORB

ZALMANTECH
    -CPU FAN ZALMAN CNPS7700-AlCu
    -CPU FAN ZALMAN CNPS8000 LOW PROFILE

ASUS
    -CPU FAN ASUS V-NARDO S775

Or if any suggestion, what is it?
    Thanks guys

It gets down to what you want to do with your PC. If you plan to run at stock clock, you can probably get along OK with the stock HSF. If you want performance and like Zalman, go with the 9700. On sale at Newegg now. Check out this:

http://www.anandtech.com/casecooling/showdoc.aspx?i=2965&p=8
  2. yeah ur right, im using d915 right now but zalman 9700 will fit in any lga775 motherboard or theres a motherboard compatibility on that product (because of the size)? cause i cannot find any information about motherboard compatibility for 9700 unlike other heatsink that they only have motherboard compatibility
  3. Here's what I would recommend:

1) Tuniq Tower 120

2) Scythe Infinity

3) Zalman 9500/9700

4) Arctic Cooling Freezer Pro

You need to check if these will fit in youre case.
  4. Well i have coolermaster centurion 540 i think it would fit if im going to remove the air cap on the side of the motherboard.
  5. Thermalright Ultra 120 all the way.
  6. I want to get a Thermalright Ultra 120 Pro so bad. Does anyone know when the Pro version comes out? My Thermaltake Big Typhoon just doesn't keep my cpu cool enough to be stable @ around +3.3ghz. Passes prime 95 for a few hours but BF2 will crash and other games too at that speed.
  7. if im goingto buy locally, its too hard especially here in montreal only few stores sellng it ( here they always stuck in branded cpu's )

I tried once in newegg.com but if theres any site (which you could trust to buy) that i can buy maybe you guys have a suggestion.

i dunno but im having problem for HSF compatibility in motherboards, since i didint upgrade yet my motherboard ( conroe865gv), i dunno if those HSF would fit on it.
Ask a new question

Read More

Heatsinks CPUs Thermaltake Overclocking