south american build

el_Kahjglo

Distinguished
Apr 12, 2007
hi everyone.

first at all, sorry if i make a mistake, the life and streets are my english teachers.

again, hi all.

I aM building my first system, for 2-3 years, for windows gaming, programming work and linux, i´m really not interesting on overclocking, i don´t have a big selection of parts here in Venezuela, but i think that i have some good things here, but doubts too, the parts are:

CPU: C2D E4300, E6300 or the E6400.
MB: ASus P5B-deluxe, ASUS P5W DH-deluxe or, the MSI 975X-platinum power up E.
MEMORY: 2x512mb ddr2 667MHz Kingston, is this ok? maybe 2x1gb or 800MHz?.
HDD: W.D. 160GB SATA.
CASE:THERMALTAKE Armor, big for the R6XX and the G8x cards.
PSU:THERMALTAKE tough power 650W,i don´t gona run dual graphic cards, but ready to the high end R600 and g80 cards.
GPU:nothing important until the R600 or the new nvidea cards arrives.

which CPU should i choose? the high level CPU, the less i can´t expent in memory.

i found that the JMicron® controller has some issues in linux. its because of what?.

its the PSU too high for single high end card?.

that´s all.

thanks.

00h00m

Distinguished
Aug 8, 2006
I was just kidding before... on to your tech questions.

If you are not going to overclock then getting a high end MB is not really needed. I think it is foolish not to overclock any of those chips though.

I would suggest that you get the cheapest of those MBs you have listed, they are all quite capable.
Get 2GB of RAM, it is really cheap right now and the speed is secondary as your MB will allow you to run it at whatever speed it is.
After you have got all of your other parts see what you have left and get the best of the CPUs you have listed and overclock it at least a little, but on either e6x00 it should go to 3GHz rather easily.

Good luck

el_Kahjglo

Distinguished
Apr 12, 2007
ok 2gb ram ddr2 667MHz, E6300 and the p5b Deluxe is the most cheap of those 3, maybe some overclock, if i found lots of good information, at the moment i´m in a P4 1.6 256kb L2, what shame, to a C2D its gona be a huge jump

thanks

TRENDING THREADS