HELP!! DVI and HDCP issue

Last response: in Home Theatre
November 2, 2004 11:26:55 PM

Does your 27" Samsung LCD support HDCP on the DVI input interface?
My Hyundai plasma doesn't say anything about HDCP on its spec., so I am
assuming it doesn not support HDCP.

When you said, 'set' button, are you talking about the 'set' button on
the front panel of the LG HDTV tuner? I have used that to set DVI
output with 720p or 1080i. But for the DVD output through DVI is the
one that is bombing out, not the OTA signals.

Is there any other 'set' feature that can disable the HDCP from the DVI
output of the LG HDTV tuner?

Thanks!

kw5kw Wrote:
> "ending1" <ending1.1f2krw@satelliteguys.us> wrote in message
> >
> > :no
> >
> > I am trying to connect my DVD input from LG DVD/HDTV
> tuner/up-converter
> > to my Hyundai 42" plasma using DVI connection, but it ...
>
> IT... which it... the TV or the LG LST 5310?
>
> I have the LG LST 3510 also, and almost gave up on the DVI connection
> as
> well, until I read the book...
> I'm at work and the set is at home, but be sure to do the set-up for
> the LG
> properly... It's tricky be sure to push the button to 'set' the
> configuration... that's where I kept missing up, but after the LG is
> setup,
> it works remarkabely well! DVD's in 1080i are ... well only one word
> will
> describe the quality... "WOW", now repeat that about 1000 times...
>
> I have a 27" Samsung LCD and this is set up in the bedroom... can I say
> that
> is the only place I watch tv anymore.
>
> Van Helsing was absolutely unbeleivable, as well as Kill Bill Vol 2.
> Haven't done much DVD watching tho, as I've been hung on broadcast OTA
> HD
> quality on CSI, Las Vegas, Law & Order, MNF, and the Sunday ball games
> just
> to name a few. I had Charter HD for one week, and dropped them and
> bought
> the LG. I'm really glad I did as they did not carry CBS HD. I kept
> basic
> cable so I can continue getting my poker fix tho.
>

> >...complains of the
> > HDCP compatability issue. I am thinking my plasma TV's DVI input
> is
> > not HDCP compliant (since LG tuner spec. says DVI with HDCP).
> >
> > In this case, is there any way to use software/hardware add-on to my
> TV
> > to make it HDCP compliant? Any possibly way to convert it, so TV
> is
> > HDCP compliant?
> >
> > As long as I can watch DVD movies close to HD quality through DVI
> > interface, I would be happy (I am not still satisfied with
> component
> > connection quality).
> >
> > HD OTA seems working pretty well with minor indoor antenna
> adjustment,
> > but if I am not getting DVD working through DVI, I might return my
> TV
> > set (I hate to let go, though.)
> >
> > Any one out there was able to work out this issue?
> > Thanks in advance!!
> >
> > BTW, will DirectTV, Dish, or Voom HDTV receiver put out HD signals
> with
> > HDCP on their DVI interfaces? If so, there is no point for me to
> keep
> > this TV in case I go with satellite HD, is there? Thanks!
> >

> > --
> > ending1

ending1

More about : dvi hdcp issue

Anonymous
November 3, 2004 5:26:14 PM

"ending1" <ending1.1f4fwk@satelliteguys.us> wrote in message

> Does your 27" Samsung LCD support HDCP on the DVI input interface?
> My Hyundai plasma doesn't say anything about HDCP on its spec., so I am
> assuming it doesn not support HDCP.

Yes it does.

> When you said, 'set' button, are you talking about the 'set' button on
> the front panel of the LG HDTV tuner? I have used that to set DVI
> output with 720p or 1080i. But for the DVD output through DVI is the
> one that is bombing out, not the OTA signals.

Forget that, then... If you're getting OTA signals you did it properly.

> Is there any other 'set' feature that can disable the HDCP from the DVI
> output of the LG HDTV tuner?

Not that I know of.

> Thanks!

Does any DVD work, or just one or two that don't work?

Russ