Windows Startup Help

lockkee

Distinguished
Apr 12, 2007
Hey, I have an Asus P5RD1-V Motherboard with on board Graphics. It has ATI Radeon X300 for the onboard graphics. I bought a PCIe XFX 7600GT card . and now my problem is that when i turn on my computer, the monitor wont turn on until i get to the windows login. So i cant get to the Bios or boot in safe mode. it works fine when i use the onboard graphics, but only if i take the XFX card out. can any one help me with this?

lockkee

Distinguished
Apr 12, 2007
I've already disabled the onboard video with no luck, I think I read somewhere that it has something to do with the IRQ's. when I looked at the list of IRQ's it said that the same IRQ for the video card is shared with something else like the onboard sound i think. The biggest problem is not being able to access the Bios, the only way I can is if I remove the video card and start the system using the onboard video, witch is pointless because I can't config a device that isn't installed. I really need help on this one, its been driving me crazy for about 3 months now. thanks