Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Religous broadcasters using HDTV : any in the US yet?

Last response: in Home Theatre
Share
Anonymous
November 3, 2004 1:11:45 AM

Archived from groups: alt.tv.tech.hdtv (More info?)

Religious broadcasters using HDTV : any in the US yet?

I assume that with Bush's 'faith based initiatives that some of that money
will flow into HDTV religious broadcasting, as the religious broadcasters
and the Republican Party are follow travelers...
Anonymous
November 3, 2004 9:39:02 AM

Archived from groups: alt.tv.tech.hdtv (More info?)

"HireMe.geek.nz" <mikehack@u.washington.edu> wrote in message
news:cm9tee$mgs$2@gnus01.u.washington.edu...
> Religious broadcasters using HDTV : any in the US yet?
>
> I assume that with Bush's 'faith based initiatives that some of that money
> will flow into HDTV religious broadcasting, as the religious broadcasters
> and the Republican Party are follow travelers...

I doubt that religious broadcasters would spend money on HDTV at this point,
since that would encourage the morons who watch their broadcasts to spend
money on $3000 television sets instead of sending it to them.

mack
austin
Anonymous
November 3, 2004 9:42:23 AM

Archived from groups: alt.tv.tech.hdtv (More info?)

You assume wrong. Money for faith based initiatives goes to the
people that the faith groups serve and not for their use. Religous
broadcasters are veiwer supported for the most part and others
are backed by various religous groups, but no money comes from
the taxpayers. There would be quite a howl if it did and the
ACLU would have a field day.
Sam

"HireMe.geek.nz" <mikehack@u.washington.edu> wrote in message
news:cm9tee$mgs$2@gnus01.u.washington.edu...
> Religious broadcasters using HDTV : any in the US yet?
>
> I assume that with Bush's 'faith based initiatives that some of that money
> will flow into HDTV religious broadcasting, as the religious broadcasters
> and the Republican Party are follow travelers...
>
>
>
>
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
November 3, 2004 11:35:26 AM

Archived from groups: alt.tv.tech.hdtv (More info?)

"Sam E. Sung" <sam.sung@samsung.kr> wrote in message
news:j5%hd.1117$7W.980@trnddc08...
> You assume wrong. Money for faith based initiatives goes to the
> people that the faith groups serve and not for their use. Religous
> broadcasters are veiwer supported for the most part and others
> are backed by various religous groups, but no money comes from
> the taxpayers. There would be quite a howl if it did and the
> ACLU would have a field day.
> Sam
>
> "HireMe.geek.nz" <mikehack@u.washington.edu> wrote in message
> news:cm9tee$mgs$2@gnus01.u.washington.edu...
>> Religious broadcasters using HDTV : any in the US yet?
>>
>> I assume that with Bush's 'faith based initiatives that some of that
>> money will flow into HDTV religious broadcasting, as the religious
>> broadcasters and the Republican Party are follow travelers...
>>
Here in upstate NYS we have a religious broadcaster (not carried by cable by
the way) that has two low powered DTV stations up. No HDTV content however.

Richard.
Anonymous
November 3, 2004 1:07:25 PM

Archived from groups: alt.tv.tech.hdtv (More info?)

"Mack McKinnon" <MckinnonRemoveThis@tvadmanDeleteThisAsWell.com> wrote in message news:<a2%hd.54928$EI6.14038@fe2.texas.rr.com>...
> "HireMe.geek.nz" <mikehack@u.washington.edu> wrote in message
> news:cm9tee$mgs$2@gnus01.u.washington.edu...
> > Religious broadcasters using HDTV : any in the US yet?
> >
> > I assume that with Bush's 'faith based initiatives that some of that money
> > will flow into HDTV religious broadcasting, as the religious broadcasters
> > and the Republican Party are follow travelers...
>
> I doubt that religious broadcasters would spend money on HDTV at this point,
> since that would encourage the morons who watch their broadcasts to spend
> money on $3000 television sets instead of sending it to them.
>
> mack
> austin

The largest religious station in my area is broadcasting in digital,
but only in SD. So far they don't have any subchannels, but leasing
out the subchannels could provide an additonal revenue stream to help
pay for the cost of the digital transmitter and broadcasts.
Anonymous
November 3, 2004 4:02:09 PM

Archived from groups: alt.tv.tech.hdtv (More info?)

On Wed, 03 Nov 2004 06:39:02 +0000, Mack McKinnon wrote:
> I doubt that religious broadcasters would spend money on HDTV at this
> point, since that would encourage the morons who watch their broadcasts
> to spend money on $3000 television sets instead of sending it to them.

Not HD, but they're definitely going digital. There are two low power
digital transmitters in this area carrying religious programming. This is
in addition to the analog transmitters they've had here for quite a while.

One of them (and maybe both) seems to be just a repeater with a satellite
receiver connected to the transmitter. After hurricane Charley the
receiver went wacko (maybe the dish was moved) and it showed a "no signal"
warning for two days.

--
Gerry Wheeler
Naples, FL
Anonymous
November 3, 2004 5:34:22 PM

Archived from groups: alt.tv.tech.hdtv (More info?)

Here if the Fort Worth/Dallas Metroplex, we have the following DTV stations
that are transmitting religous material
2-1, 58-1, 58-2, 58-3, 58-4, 68-3 and 68-4. I enjoy watching 68-3 as it
makes a really great visual screensaver 85~90% of the time, and smooth
relaxing music. Really great to relax to, and it makes a really great
screensaver on my work PC monitor while I'm away from my desk, or I'm
working on something besides the computer.

Russ


"Mack McKinnon" <MckinnonRemoveThis@tvadmanDeleteThisAsWell.com> wrote in
message news:a2%hd.54928$EI6.14038@fe2.texas.rr.com...
>
> "HireMe.geek.nz" <mikehack@u.washington.edu> wrote in message
> news:cm9tee$mgs$2@gnus01.u.washington.edu...
> > Religious broadcasters using HDTV : any in the US yet?
> >
> > I assume that with Bush's 'faith based initiatives that some of that
money
> > will flow into HDTV religious broadcasting, as the religious
broadcasters
> > and the Republican Party are follow travelers...
>
> I doubt that religious broadcasters would spend money on HDTV at this
point,
> since that would encourage the morons who watch their broadcasts to spend
> money on $3000 television sets instead of sending it to them.
>
> mack
> austin
>
>
>
November 4, 2004 5:52:13 AM

Archived from groups: alt.tv.tech.hdtv (More info?)

I guess seeing Jesus in high def could increase one's faith....
"Richard" <rfeirste at nycap.rr.com> wrote in message
news:10ohnuhbs4t1de5@corp.supernews.com...
>
> "Sam E. Sung" <sam.sung@samsung.kr> wrote in message
> news:j5%hd.1117$7W.980@trnddc08...
>> You assume wrong. Money for faith based initiatives goes to the
>> people that the faith groups serve and not for their use. Religous
>> broadcasters are veiwer supported for the most part and others
>> are backed by various religous groups, but no money comes from
>> the taxpayers. There would be quite a howl if it did and the
>> ACLU would have a field day.
>> Sam
>>
>> "HireMe.geek.nz" <mikehack@u.washington.edu> wrote in message
>> news:cm9tee$mgs$2@gnus01.u.washington.edu...
>>> Religious broadcasters using HDTV : any in the US yet?
>>>
>>> I assume that with Bush's 'faith based initiatives that some of that
>>> money will flow into HDTV religious broadcasting, as the religious
>>> broadcasters and the Republican Party are follow travelers...
>>>
> Here in upstate NYS we have a religious broadcaster (not carried by cable
> by the way) that has two low powered DTV stations up. No HDTV content
> however.
>
> Richard.
>
Anonymous
November 5, 2004 5:40:22 AM

Archived from groups: alt.tv.tech.hdtv (More info?)

On Thu, 04 Nov 2004 02:52:13 GMT, "None" <nowhere@none.net> wrote:

>I guess seeing Jesus in high def could increase one's faith....

Check out US News and World Reports and National Geographic's covers
this week. Nat Geo's cover is a bit deceptive, but the propaganda
effect is the same.
November 8, 2004 6:17:54 PM

Archived from groups: alt.tv.tech.hdtv (More info?)

praise the lord and pass the ammo wrote in message news:<mulmo090arvtbub69jm7qcoejqric965dd@4ax.com>...
> On Thu, 04 Nov 2004 02:52:13 GMT, "None" <nowhere@none.net> wrote:
>
> >I guess seeing Jesus in high def could increase one's faith....
>
> Check out US News and World Reports and National Geographic's covers
> this week. Nat Geo's cover is a bit deceptive, but the propaganda
> effect is the same.


Hi,

Will NBC News coverage of Christmas Midnight Mass from the
Vatican be in HD?

Thanks,
Steve


PS: If it is please tell me how nice it was. The stinkers at WFLA,
NBC Tampa, will not put their HD on cable.
!