Sign in with
Your question

Looking for article, securing XP

Last response: in Windows XP
September 17, 2006 7:28:22 PM

I've been busy lately and made a mistake: I was reading the article on MythTV vs Windows Media, and followed a "related articles" link to something like "Seven steps to securing WindowsXP."

Now that is probably not the name of the article. I forgot to bookmark it. Now I can't find the article. Of course, it may not have been a Tom's Hardware link. I follow too many tech sites, I think. :cry:  Imay have been on another site completely, and only think it's a TH link because I like the format of of TH.

The content of the article showed how to install software, and set up the end user so that software cannot be installed without logging in as administrator. Although there are other, similar articles on the Web, this particular article was very clear.

If anyone can help me find this article, or a similar one with somewhat the same content, I would be very grateful.

Thanks,

Mike

More about : article securing

September 19, 2006 8:50:01 PM

Thank you for the links. They are not the article I was looking for, but the last article comes close. I guess that if I continue to research I will come up with my own formula. The thing is, reading that article made so much sense to me in a way I can explain to my customers, And I may never come up with somehting so clear and concise on my own. :cry: 

But thank you for your reply, they add to my little store of articles from which I intend to distill a set of best practices.

Mike
!