A lot of bosses

Last response: in Video Games
February 21, 2005 6:08:50 PM

So, running with my Scrapper yesterday and I teamed up with my brother for a
Family/Rikti mission about some new drugs that were being developed (I didn't
get to read most of the storyline since it was my brother's mission.)

We were both running with reputation set as Unstoppable.

Now, normally when running missions on Unstoppable with him we get maybe
one boss at the end - but often even the named guy is only a Lt.

This mission, we must have gone through 30 Rikti bosses. Most groups had at
least one boss, some had two. And it was a big warehouse.

Not that we had any problems - L29 Invuln tank plus L28 Regen scrapper built
for tanking means they couldn't do much harm to us at all - the psionics cut
through the Invuln a little, but I just kept them busy the one time he had to
run and rest up.

But...has anyone seen anything like this before - so many bosses on a duo
mission? I've never seen so many apart from on 8-man teams.

--
| Victory Server: |
| Bex - Level 34 Blaster (Assault Rifle/Devices) |

More about : lot bosses

Anonymous
February 21, 2005 7:41:49 PM

John Parkinson wrote:
> So, running with my Scrapper yesterday and I teamed up with my
brother for a
> Family/Rikti mission about some new drugs that were being developed
(I didn't
> get to read most of the storyline since it was my brother's mission.)
>
> We were both running with reputation set as Unstoppable.
>
> Now, normally when running missions on Unstoppable with him we get
maybe
> one boss at the end - but often even the named guy is only a Lt.
>
> This mission, we must have gone through 30 Rikti bosses. Most groups
had at
> least one boss, some had two. And it was a big warehouse.
>
> Not that we had any problems - L29 Invuln tank plus L28 Regen
scrapper built
> for tanking means they couldn't do much harm to us at all - the
psionics cut
> through the Invuln a little, but I just kept them busy the one time
he had to
> run and rest up.
>
> But...has anyone seen anything like this before - so many bosses on a
duo
> mission? I've never seen so many apart from on 8-man teams.

Last night, I had the pleasure to find a group with my lvl 11 DM/Inv
scrapper that was in an (IIRC) Unstoppable mission in the Hollows,
fighting Igneous. Everything was lvl 15, and there were about 8-10
bosses, and twice as many lieutenants. It took several deaths before we
found the right team, but we eventually beat it, and gained back all of
our debt (I think we had about 1k debt, throughout the experience).

This was the first Unstoppable mission I had ever been in.
Anonymous
February 22, 2005 3:58:22 AM

On 21 Feb 2005 15:08:50 GMT, John Parkinson
<jp--usenet--spam--trap@destiny.org.uk> wrote:

>So, running with my Scrapper yesterday and I teamed up with my brother for a
>Family/Rikti mission about some new drugs that were being developed (I didn't
>get to read most of the storyline since it was my brother's mission.)
>
>We were both running with reputation set as Unstoppable.
>
>Now, normally when running missions on Unstoppable with him we get maybe
>one boss at the end - but often even the named guy is only a Lt.
>
>This mission, we must have gone through 30 Rikti bosses. Most groups had at
>least one boss, some had two. And it was a big warehouse.
>
>Not that we had any problems - L29 Invuln tank plus L28 Regen scrapper built
>for tanking means they couldn't do much harm to us at all - the psionics cut
>through the Invuln a little, but I just kept them busy the one time he had to
>run and rest up.
>
>But...has anyone seen anything like this before - so many bosses on a duo
>mission? I've never seen so many apart from on 8-man teams.

Yes, I've seen this even soloing certain missions. For example, there
was one Carnival of Shadows door mission that had a lot of bosses,
some of whom were named. But I did get a warning ahead of time that I
should bring a group (I didn't bother). The mission was SUPPOSED to
be a trap, so the bosses were supposed to be there as part of the
story arc.

I don't recall your mission in particular, but i'm betting that it was
like mine, one that was supposed to have several bosses in it.

-Graham
!