Help! DS3 & RAID 0 - disappearing RAID

evowan

Distinguished
Apr 12, 2007
I really hope someone can point me in the right direction for my problem.

I have a recent newly built system. Components are -

GA 965P-DS3 Rev3.3
E6300
Corsair TWIN2X2048-6400 RAM
Corsair Memory HX520W PSU
Sapphire Radeon X1950XT
2 x Hitachi HDT725032VLA380 in RAID 0
Windows XP

Initially I setup my RAID 0 using the GSATA interfaces successfully and installed Windows XP, a few games and played for a day or 2 with no problems. Then, while playing Oblivion, the game just froze and my system was unresponsive. I then powered off the whole PC and turned it back on again but to my horror it wouldn't boot Windows.
I then hit the reset button and noticed that my first HD has reverted to Non-RAID. After a few more resets and wondering what to do next, I deleted the RAID configuration and basically started the whole process again of installing Windows XP. I got the system back up and running just last night and rebooted the machine just to make sure everything was okay before going to sleep.
To my horror once again, I tried to boot the machine again today and now it again shows that my first HD has reverted back to Non-RAID! Right now, I've swapped the SATA interfaces on the HDs around to see if that might make any difference (??) but I'm now on my 3rd Windows XP install.

Does anyone know why the system would revert a RAID'ed HD back to Non-RAID??

Help please!

cricounet

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2007
I was face same problem only one time, just after booting on the Xpressrecovery cd , to make backup.
backup was not working m, and juste after the rebot 1 disk was put on non raid.
i've choose to no put this soft again on the cd rom

now since 2 month everything is ok (bios F10 may help you ?)

rgds

evowan

Distinguished
Apr 12, 2007
cricounet,

Thanks for your reply. Okay, I've finished my 3rd Windows XP install now and I'm using the system right now to type this reply. I'll stay away from the Xpressrecovery CD from now on since I don't have space to use it anyway.

Oh, I'm already on BIOS F10.

On one reboot of the system just now, the whole thing wouldn't boot, no BIOS screen or anything. The fans started spinning but nothing on the display and Windows wasn't booting. I kept my finger on the power button to switch it off and then switched it back on again and it was fine then.

Let's hope it remains stable.

Dave_McMahon

Distinguished
Jun 20, 2006
Were you overclocking the board? were you using the latest chipset and Riad drivers? Was the FDD used for F6 a good one? hope this helps cos gonna try Raid 0 on my 965G soon

forsayken

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2005
I have a problem with my RAID disappearing. I'm using a Asus P5WD2-e Premium mind you. I would boot and the BIOS would appear fine by my RAID (type 0) was not being recognized. It was instead detecting 2 individual drives and not finding an OS on either. The thing is, if I kept restarting the system, eventually my RAID would get detected and everything would be OK again. This came back however so I started looking into things. When I had my 2 USB devices plugged in (Nostromo N50 and Xbox 360 controller, my RAID could not be found. As soon as I unplugged them, everything was OK. I can't be 100% certain these USB devices were the cause of the failure but it won't hurt to try unplugging all your devices.